Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Phase motor invertor

Options
  • 01-10-2010 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm doing a bit of research on 3 phase AC induction motor control, does anyone know of suppliers around Dublin to pick up some small inverter drives? I can buy them in RS, but am wondering if there's anywhere better/cheaper?

Also if anyone has any old / broken inverter drives lying around, feel free to send them this way ;)

DD

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

What size is small? As it happens we have just bought two ABB VSDs. They are rated for 11 to 15 kW motors. I will ask who the supplier is on Monday. They were very cheap, I will PM you the price if you like. We removed a 35 kWVSD, but they want to keep it for spares anyway it is old so very large. The new ones are a fraction of the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

2011 wrote: »
    What size is small? As it happens we have just bought two ABB VSDs. They are rated for 11 to 15 kW motors. I will ask who the supplier is on Monday. They were very cheap, I will PM you the price if you like. We removed a 35 kWVSD, but they want to keep it for spares anyway it is old so very large. The new ones are a fraction of the size.

At this stage anything around a few KWs would be fine. Yep let me know who the supplier is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Have you tried Torsion Dynamics (think they deal in Lenze equipment)

http://www.torsiondynamics.com/contact.php

Your local electrical wholesaler would probably be able to supply other makes esp smaller sizes.

Advertisement