Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diabetic Pump Insurance

Options
  • 01-10-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi All,

I inquired today about adding a diabetic pump to the house insurance and got a quote of €120. Is this the norm or does it vary depending on insurance companies?

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

I'd like to hear more about this too. My pump isn't insured and I never thought about doing it.

I just assumed if anything happened to it the pump company would cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Mine isn't covered either, when ever anything even slightly wrong happened to it, the pump company sent me out a new one, no questions asked. It's only happened once in around 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Maints

Thats true if anything that goes wrong with the pump.

But what happens if the pump get damaged (dropped, smashed, lost etc.)..i don't think the pump companies would cover that. Indeed, the pump rep that we are dealing with said this to us. So putting it on the house insurance would appear to be the easiest solution, but maybe there are other ways to insure it?

Paul.

Advertisement