Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Djouce

Options
  • 01-10-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I am thinking of doing Djouce at the weekend. Just wondering were is the best place to start if I were cycling. There seem to be plenty of Carparks around the two ways I'm thinking about doing it are either Crone Woods and then along the Wicklow Way or heading over the Sally Gap to a car Park across from lock Tay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Do you mean driving out there and then cycling up? I have heard that the Crone woods car park has been prone to break-ins. Don't know anything about the Lough Tay car park. You could use the Powerscourt waterfall car park for piece of mind (easy to head up to Djouce from there also) - but it's a pay car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TalkingGoose

Sorry no I mean cycling out and then walking up. Just wondering would there be anywhere to lock a few bikes and which path up would be best?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

No idea where you could lock bikes around there but have to say well impressed, cycling out and then hiking up I know I'd be pretty wrecked after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Sorry no I mean cycling out and then walking up. Just wondering would there be anywhere to lock a few bikes and which path up would be best?

I've left the bike in both Crone Woods car park and Djouce Woods car park. I'm never too sure of either, especially on the weekends. There's so many scumbags up in North Wicklow thanks to the easy accessibility from Tallaght, but nothing's happened yet.

For a touch of security through obscurity, you can lock your bike to a tree out of sight of the main car park.

Edit: Djouce from Crone is a great hike, and you can throw Maulin in on the way out or back.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TalkingGoose

Cheers Donny5, I didn't make it last weekend I was a bit worse for wear on
    Saturday plus the rain put me off, and on Sunday I ended up in Spencer Dock for Oktoberfest, so not a good weekend anyway I will definitely dry it from Crone Woods and throw Maulin in as well, thanks very much and will let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I would hide the bike in the forest,as a bike left in plain site will be a target to these scum,even if it is locked.Big problems with cars getting broken into these days in the Dublin and Wicklow mountains.No respect for other people property.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Lots of break ins in Djouce car park at the moment to the extent that most mountain bikers are parking on the road or cycling from futher away

Advertisement