Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Existant Special Offers

Options
  • 01-10-2010 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

a well known independent supermarket in Swords (Dublin) sends out a glossy special offers leaflet/brochure to houses around once a week. More often than not I go along having seen something I wanted only to find they dont have it in stock. This week I got another of these leaflets and spotted a couple of different bottles of wines I fancied at very attractive prices.

went along about 20 minutes after getting the leaflet and couldnt see the wine. asked a shop assistant where they were and he said he didnt think they had that particular wine. I then asked the manager who said they were out of stock. I told him I only received the leaflet 30 minutes previously. He just said they had none left.

This scenario has happened to me a few times over the last few months.

unless they are genuinely selling out of this stock within hours, to me this is a scam of sorts, one that I kept falling for but wont anymore. I've voted with my feet.

guess I just wanted to rant about it, but have others seen this type of thing before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

a well known independent supermarket in Swords (Dublin) sends out a glossy special offers leaflet/brochure to houses around once a week. More often than not I go along having seen something I wanted only to find they dont have it in stock. This week I got another of these leaflets and spotted a couple of different bottles of wines I fancied at very attractive prices.

went along about 20 minutes after getting the leaflet and couldnt see the wine. asked a shop assistant where they were and he said he didnt think they had that particular wine. I then asked the manager who said they were out of stock. I told him I only received the leaflet 30 minutes previously. He just said they had none left.

This scenario has happened to me a few times over the last few months.

unless they are genuinely selling out of this stock within hours, to me this is a scam of sorts, one that I kept falling for but wont anymore. I've voted with my feet.

guess I just wanted to rant about it, but have others seen this type of thing before?
    yes it happens all the time, even argos try it with their clearance items, they go from normal prices down to ridiculously low prices on items but there is most likely none in stock in any of their stores.

Advertisement