Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduation Dinner in Belfast

Options
  • 01-10-2010 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Bit of advice wanted here folks. It's just occurred to me that, after living in Belfast for 3 years, I still have no idea where to book for my graduation dinner. Lets just say over those 3 years, we never once went to a place that was even remotely classy - at best, Bishops was our port of call, at worst, Spuds! :pac:

Any idea where would be nice to bring the family (about 8 people in total)? Deanes was the first thought, but not sure. I want somewhere nice and classy, but not too posh or anything, but most importantly somewhere with decent normal people food and not a thing slice of meat with a few leaves for presentation. I've been to Darcy's before, and loved it but it's quite small and maybe not graduation dinner appropriate? I don't know, any advice welcome - thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 neilk

It's hard to go wrong with Cutters in Stranmillis. The grub is dead on, get a good window table overlooking the river, and it's got easy parking unlike lots of places in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 babs78

Might be a bit late for you now but there is Bourbon, Zen, Ginger, Mourne Seafood Restaurant, Ten Square and James St South which are all nice places with lovely grub and all in central Belfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

neilk wrote: »
    It's hard to go wrong with Cutters in Stranmillis. The grub is dead on, get a good window table overlooking the river, and it's got easy parking unlike lots of places in town.

Cheers for the recommendation. Went there yesterday and had a fabulous meal.

Advertisement