Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dangerous game

Options
  • 01-10-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

did anybody hear about the rock being thrown from the flyover on the new ross/waterford road last week? i heard it happened a few days later again to a car and its bonnet was smashed! what kind of people get a kick out of doin somthing so dangerous?? and after the first incident being reported you'd think the place would be watched or they wouldnt have the cheek to go back and do the same again!! im always waiting for somthing to hit my own car now anytime i go under it!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

It's something that's happening quite a lot around the country on the new motorways. It's been highlighted on Joe Duffy's radio show on several occasions, but nothing seems to be done about it. By the time someone rings the guards and they get there, the perpetrators are long gone. One person has been badly injuured already, so it's only a matter of time before someone gets killed. I seriously don't get the attraction of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Anyone caught should be charged with attempted murder.

Maybe they could put security cameras there. I strongly suspect the scumbags are local so it should be possible to find out who it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I remember this happening a lot in the UK when I lived there and it did result in deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

i know this used to go on a lot in England as deisemum said and there were actually several deaths as a result.i don't think they had much success in dealing with it over there either:confused:
    thing is how would you catch them? surveilance cameras i suppose but i can't see the garda lashing out on that:(

i know this used to go on a lot in England as deisemum said and there were actually several deaths as a result.i don't think they had much success in dealing with it over there either:confused:
    thing is how would you catch them? surveilance cameras i suppose but i can't see the garda lashing out on that:(

Its a rural area and the scumbags must live close to the bridge. I say the gardai could find them if they investigated. And its worth investigating as people can die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭germanator

id say it must be someone living near the bridge aswell that could make an easy getaway, i also heard they must of had a few failed attempts as there were a number of large rocks scattered all over the road under the bridge.. i dont understand how they can get a kick out of trying to kill someone unless they dont actually realise what can happen

germanator wrote: »
    id say it must be someone living near the bridge aswell that could make an easy getaway, i also heard they must of had a few failed attempts as there were a number of large rocks scattered all over the road under the bridge.. i dont understand how they can get a kick out of trying to kill someone unless they dont actually realise what can happen

I'd take a guess that they are about 13 and need to be bet so they can't sit down for a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Throw the little ***** off the bridge.

exactly! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

did anybody hear about the rock being thrown from the flyover on the new ross/waterford road last week? i heard it happened a few days later again to a car and its bonnet was smashed! what kind of people get a kick out of doin somthing so dangerous?? and after the first incident being reported you'd think the place would be watched or they wouldnt have the cheek to go back and do the same again!! im always waiting for somthing to hit my own car now anytime i go under it!!

Which flyover are you talking about?

I work in New Ross and i use the road everyday and the only flyover i can think of is the one just after Glenmore,is that the one?

• Advertisement

yes thats the one alright!

happened again a while ago again to another car late in the night after 12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

dayshah wrote: »
    Anyone caught should be charged with attempted murder.

Maybe they could put security cameras there. I strongly suspect the scumbags are local so it should be possible to find out who it was.

I agree. I hope they are punished severely but the liberal bleeding hearts will make up all sorts of excuses for the scum.

but i cant understand how they keep going back and doing it, if it is the same people, but on the paper the guards said they will be watching the bridge so it wont happen again, but still its happened twice since then!! are these people not even afraid of being caught? or is it that they know with the **** justice system in this country that more than likely they'll get at most a fine??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

but i cant understand how they keep going back and doing it, if it is the same people, but on the paper the guards said they will be watching the bridge so it wont happen again, but still its happened twice since then!! are these people not even afraid of being caught? or is it that they know with the **** justice system in this country that more than likely they'll get at most a fine??

A fine and and maybe assigned a JLO officer - complete bull***t. Happening on flyover on Waterford ORR, the mother's car got hit by half full cans of beer one night around 1am. Not as serious as rocks mind you but still scared the hell out of her.

exactly! sure theres not enough to deter them from doing it, if they were certain of a few months locked up i bet they'd thing twice about doing it! I know man yeah, sure you wouldnt be expecting it atall, thats half the shock!

quick revival of this thread! My friends mother was driving up under the flyover last night about half 12, in the Ross direction from Waterford when a rock was dropped and hit her car, luckily it hit the boot and not the windscreen or roof but still caused a good bit of damage, my friend said she rang the Gardai and she knew there are signs warning of covert cctv on the flyover but when she said to Gardai could they check the camera's to see if they could identify who did it they told her there are no camera's on the flyover, the signs are just a deterant!!

This is a load of crap, on the local papers last year there was a write up saying the council had to pay out thousands on the flyover to prevent this happening again. From what i can see all they have done is raise the railings on either side and put a sign warning of cctv on each end!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

This is disgraceful... it is actually going to be a case that nothing will be done until someone is killed.. this country is going from bad to worse!!

exactly libby, i dont think i ever remember hearing of anyone in court for doing somthing like this or moving the roadwork signs or pouring oil on the roads around here so i take it that means nobody was ever caught for any of it!

Revival of an old thread, just to warn people travelling at night from New Ross to Waterford and visa versa to be wary of the flyover just a few miles outside New Ross, An Elderly neighbour of mine had a rock dropped from there on his windscreen last night at around 2am and ended up in the ditch, luckily he just bumped his head, he had to stay in hospital over night he was in such shock after it. But his car is wrote off as the roof was drove down when it hit the top of the windscreen! His daughter told me that she went back into the Gardai today and they were told that they will investigate fully but its most likely the culprits wont be caught as theres no evidence to go by! When she asked about the CCTV they told her there was no evidence on it!!!???
    If there were cameras there how on earth could there be no evidence, i mean where the hell are they pointing???
    Looks like there really are no cameras there! So the council have claimed to have spent a load of money on CCTV but yet theres none there.... id someone on the council had a nice shopping spree

Just beware if you can see anyone on the bridge when your passing late at night folks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Revival of an old thread, just to warn people travelling at night from New Ross to Waterford and visa versa to be wary of the flyover just a few miles outside New Ross, An Elderly neighbour of mine had a rock dropped from there on his windscreen last night at around 2am and ended up in the ditch, luckily he just bumped his head, he had to stay in hospital over night he was in such shock after it. But his car is wrote off as the roof was drove down when it hit the top of the windscreen! His daughter told me that she went back into the Gardai today and they were told that they will investigate fully but its most likely the culprits wont be caught as theres no evidence to go by! When she asked about the CCTV they told her there was no evidence on it!!!???
    If there were cameras there how on earth could there be no evidence, i mean where the hell are they pointing???
    Looks like there really are no cameras there! So the council have claimed to have spent a load of money on CCTV but yet theres none there.... id someone on the council had a nice shopping spree

Just beware if you can see anyone on the bridge when your passing late at night folks!!

That's absolutely appalling. It doesn't sound like it's kids doing it either.

Well the railings are raised up a fair bit out there now aswell so would have to be tall enough to drop somthing over it, aswell as being so late in the night that id safely say its not children!

I see they are at it again throwing rocks off the flyover on the Waterford road!!! its in this weeks New Ross Standard!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Anybody caught doing that should be thrown off themselves. Bastards

its going on near 3 years now so how are they getting away with it is what i cant understand!

Just been announced on South East Radio that the road under the flyover is covered with rocks and that one car is already being recovered as it was damaged and they are awaiting Gardai to stop traffic while the road is being cleared

Just came across this post on facebook guys so it seems this is still going on!!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=479369188840805&set=a.420491724728552.1073741829.416273205150404&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭the roo

Got caught the other day myself late at night new tyre required. Balls of a thing was aware of it going on so when I was approaching fly over was keeping an eye for any rock throwers on it and saw rock on the road too late to avoid ! Know what I would do to the f**kers !

Got caught the other day myself late at night new tyre required. Balls of a thing was aware of it going on so when I was approaching fly over was keeping an eye for any rock throwers on it and saw rock on the road too late to avoid ! Know what I would do to the f**kers !

• Advertisement

Advertisement