Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honour PC beta 2: the revenge, client now available.

Options
  • 01-10-2010 6:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.medalofhonor.com/pcopenbeta

In among the ruckus caused by the censorship of the Taliban, the client download appeared for the second PC beta starting on the 4th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Also heard rumours of a console MP demo out next week or the week after, probably the 4th to coincide with the PC beta.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Beta opens at 8am Irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Not working here, unless that is 9AM BST?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

TheFairy wrote: »
    Not working here, unless that is 9AM BST?

It's open, I've watched live streams of people playing. The Steam one may not have opened yet though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Steam is telling me it will unlock in 9 hours from now.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Steam is telling me it will unlock in 9 hours from now.

The standalone version is open now, sounds like Steam are screwing people around needlessly. There was no need to lock the client, since access was controlled by EA on the login servers.

Uugh its not great. In fact it feels crap! FFS to change an option during a round you have to totally quit out of the game! If feels sluggish and the bloom effects are just tripe.

Leaving well alone, at least the beta showed me what it was like!

Im actually enjoying it, turned bloom to low in the config.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jak/mar

Its a good game and I really enjoyed the few matches I played.
    It feels and looks a bit too much like bad company 2.
    Anyone else think so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm enjoying it a lot. Not quite as "tight" as the CoD games but I can definitely see myself getting stuck into it.
    Just lost connection to the main EA server there so may call it a night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am trying to play the bloody game but attempts to do so are failing - kept disconnecting from account server earlier and now no servers will populate in the server list :|

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I am trying to play the bloody game but attempts to do so are failing - kept disconnecting from account server earlier and now no servers will populate in the server list :|
    Likewise :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

the_syco wrote: »
    Likewise :(

Use matchmake or whatever it is called.

Quite enjoyed playing it there for a while actually.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Played it for a bit last night, and i actually enjoyed it. It's like a mix of Modern Warfare and Battlefield. Not quite as fast paced as MW, which i like. I might actually buy this.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yeah played it for a bit last night.Its not bad but it does feel kinda the same as BC2.

Like the rest of you I have no servers in the server list so just using the matchmaking option.

Think I`ll give it a miss until CoD :BO is out and my ****ty connection is fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Joeface

hmmm I assume a lot of ppl are stuck in cant decided land as am I

looks good ,
    Plays smoother that MW2 and BC2 . but still not sure .Maps are or appear very tight . any idea of the scale of larger maps.

38.99 aint a bad price (cdwow)
    compared to 50.99 for COD:BO . weighing ever so slightly towards MOH..

Joeface wrote: »
    38.99 aint a bad price (cdwow)
    compared to 50.99 for COD:BO . weighing ever so slightly towards MOH..

Activision charging more? Shock horror! :P

...Plays smoother that MW2 and BC2..

Suprised at that. It feels seriously clunky to me, and my rig plays MW2 flat out with everything turned up to the max. BC2 and MOH feel like your made of rubber, or running through tar compared to the movement of COD4/MW2.

maybe i said that wrong , Feels Less Console y than MW2 and nicer to play than BC2 . I'm hoping its a COD4, then again nothing is a COD4

TheFairy wrote: »
    Suprised at that. It feels seriously clunky to me, and my rig plays MW2 flat out with everything turned up to the max. BC2 and MOH feel like your made of rubber, or running through tar compared to the movement of COD4/MW2.
    I think that's what i like about it. I always found MW2 to be too fast, and it didnt feel like there was any weight in your character. This then made everything feel, i dunno, lighter? Just didnt feel like there was ever much of a kick to anything in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The only problem I have with this game so far is that you cant strafe while running. This took me a while to get used to in BF:BC2 and I hoped they would bring it back for MoH as this should be more Run 'n Gun than Battlefield.

Other than that, its defo a Day 1 purchase for me.

EDIT:
    Oh ya, I forgot about the sound, its AMAZING. On par with the war tapes of Bad Company 2.

Personally i still enjoy infantry only games in BC2 hence why i think im enjoying this MOH beta although this feels better than BC2 to me.
    I cant stress enough about setting bloom to low in the config ,it makes a huge difference,dont think you can turn it off fully?

@ Fairy, i never drop below 60 fps in the beta, really is silky smooth.
    I know you have a faster rig than mine, all i can suggest is a friend of mine with a high end machine was suffering stutters yesterday and then found out the game only uses one GPU on his card [ATI 5970 i think he has] and he made some change that made it play smooth again,think he turned off one of the GPu or something.
    Maybe you could try that if your card has dual GPU?

Think I have a 5850 Cully, single GPU afaik. Also immediately missed prone again, why o why remove that!

Wont be buying it, didnt like either of the betas. CODBO will have far more for me, prone, lean, console etc. Also we have a server already ordered for CODBO so thats my choice.

Well I will prob buy both , Cant afford both /shakes fist / damn u recession. But i can not eat for 2-3 days that will help cover the cost.

didnt actually know Lean was back /oh how i missed thee...

will there be a Beta for for BO....

will there be a Beta for for BO....
    Ya, but they'll probably charge for it...

Ok, i'm done bashing Activision for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I liked the game for about 5 mins then it just felt too Battlefieldy (obviously no surprise given the makers). The biggest problem for me in this game and Battlefield is that there always feels like a slight disconnect between where the bullets went and where you thought the bullets went when you fire on someone. This sounds like a small thing but it never ceases to bother me with Dice games.

Use matchmake or whatever it is called.
    Tried that last night, but no joy. Hope to play it later.
    Plays smoother that MW2 and BC2 . but still not sure .Maps are or appear very tight . any idea of the scale of larger maps.
    I'm reading this as "maps are smoother as they're smaller".

Just tried there, still no hope. Matchmake fails, and the server browser fails to populate, and then gives me the usual error. Checked the recent tab out, refreshed the list, could see from the server info that people were in it, but couldn't join.

Thank f**k I didn't buy this game!

/edit
    Have opened port 7673, but still get "The EA servers are not currently available. Please try again later."

/edit2
    Have reset the "host" file back to default, but still no joy.

the_syco wrote: »
    Just tried there, still no hope. Matchmake fails, and the server browser fails to populate, and then gives me the usual error. Checked the recent tab out, refreshed the list, could see from the server info that people were in it, but couldn't join.

Thank f**k I didn't buy this game!

Absolutely no problems here mate, matchmaking takes seconds.
    Anything on official forums about forwarding ports etc?

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Absolutely no problems here mate, matchmaking takes seconds.
    Anything on official forums about forwarding ports etc?

Only 7673 is mentioned

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/medal-honor-series/1361406-moh-beta-connection-problems.html

Advertisement