Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honour PC beta 2: the revenge, client now available.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Reading through the Ea forums--"run as admin" is solving a lot of peeps problems.

Just tried it there and have full server lists in the browser now.

**Edit**Doesnt work.First time I tried it-it did and now back to no servers in the browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm having no problems this evening. Matchmaking takes no time at all and I've not bothered opening any ports (have UPnP enabled).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Must say the matchmaking is probably the fastest ive ever seen.
    Literally 2 seconds and im joining a game,closely followed by a rapid map load of no more than 5-10 seconds.
    I am finding it too easy to kill/die, almost like hardcore from COD etc.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Matchmaking is fine here aswell--its just that server browser thats fupped!!!

I'd love an auld killcam. Cant tell where the campers are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Posted on the official forum about my woes.

Gerry try this.I also forwarded port 7673 on tcp and udp and Im now getting servers in the browser.

Tested it about 20 times now and its working 100% now.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/medal-honor-series/1361417-dont-see-any-servers-browser.html

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Gerry try this.I also forwarded port 7673 on tcp and udp and Im now getting servers in the browser.
    Did so, but with no joy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

tried a few different servers, sniperspam on every single one. Other than that its pretty good. The aiming is a little too forgiving but yeah could imagine myself playing it for extended periods of time :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've only tried two rounds, both on that Chinook map, Shahikot mountains or the like.

It seems to have a very different feel to Battlefield, it is more camping-biased, but on the plus side taking ground and moving forward seems harder fought and more rewarding when you do. I really don't like the small tight linear maps though, something that was a flaw in Bad Company 2 as well. I can't see it having anywhere near the longevity of a proper BF/CoD title though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Unless of course it is adopted by a competitive community and decent leagues are formed.

If they make it suitable for matchplay it could run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd love an auld killcam. Cant tell where the campers are.

killcams are for noobs...step up to the mark dude ;)

I like it...getting some great kill streaks in it thanks to flanking around the enemy :D

anyone know if your stats from the beta carry on to the full game like BC2 did?

and before I forget....if you're running SLI/Xfire then rename the Moh.exe to BFBC2.exe or whatever the BC2 exe is..this allows xfire to be properly used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Joeface

OH MY ...

The biggest Camper of them all , Scarecrow ,he is so lazy that even in game he doesn't get up off the floor. and stats padding on a beta.for shame for shame

and u were complaining yesterday that it was too accurate ..

camper my bollix joe...you were the worst in COD4..lying prone in a corner and not budging for the entire game...think you joined that noob clan didn't you?
    bad enough with one camper but when the whole fúckin clan were doing it was painful..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Joeface

Sure keep telling ur self that for the record never camped in my life...Run and Gun is me

It just I handed u our ass...Can't help it if I move faster that u in game its not hard...considering u don't move.

Anyway , Back to MOH, still undecided . Hard game to judge , Feels smooth , Kills are good but Life spawn will more than likely be short.

And still don't know if the map sizes will remain as small as in the beta .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I played it. Way too many choke points with large well covered concave's around them. Gives the defending team a huge advantage. Got to a point where it was next to impossible to move forward. Fire in a 120" arc from snipers and heavy machine guns in cover meant insta gib. Don't think I will be buying this.

BFBC2 had far wider maps with more choice for cover flanking and destructible cover, MW has the advantage of small maps, twitch shooting and nades to alleviate camping. MOH has none of this.

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    killcams are for noobs...step up to the mark dude ;)

G'way ya chancer. Removing the kill-cam is only of benefit to ye camping gits. Us John Rambos are fooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    camper my bollix joe...you were the worst in COD4..lying prone in a corner and not budging for the entire game...think you joined that noob clan didn't you?
    bad enough with one camper but when the whole fúckin clan were doing it was painful..

Camping is a tactic best served cold!

Depends on the game mode. If its objective based in COD* then expect defenders. If you didnt defend your flag in CTF for example then the game would be pointless. Its takes teamwork to defend a flag and also to steal it, makes for better games.

G'way ya chancer. Removing the kill-cam is only of benefit to ye camping gits. Us John Rambos are fooked!

John Rambo doesn't need a kill-cam...just a .50 cal and he's off ;)
    I found attacking can be easy as well...there's always a way around which no one is defending and you can take several of the enemy out thus giving your team-mates a chance to rush em

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dice are currently gathering a list of potential points for improvement here:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/medal-honor-series/1361951-top-3-improvements-list.html

There's a curious one though: Killcams won't be on by default, but for anyone whose KDR hits 4/1, the killcam would be activated for them alone.

• Advertisement

My wants would be:

Strafe Sprint
    Killcam
    Cap on classes (played a level earlier with at least 6 snipers, we couldnt even take the helicopter in the rush level)

Must admit to liking it the more i play.
    I thought id find flaws the more i played.
    If the maps are good it should be a decent game- until black Ops arrives atleast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Went on and played for the first time, some snowy moundtain thing. 8v8 or 9v9 i think it was.

I'm drunk as I've been out at Oktoberfest all day, but still managed to come top with 18/5

Thats not to say Im great at it, just the weapons seem a bit overpowered.

I had 2 sniper rifles..1 was quick fire..took 3 shots (no recoil btw/ semi auto) to kill somoene
    The other was an M24...which was 1 shot..anywhere it seemed = 1 kill.

I just ran around like as if it was a KAR98 sniper in mohaa, for anyone who played knows the thing was lethal....so im sure they;ll tweak it to headshot only.

Aside from the above

-Gameplay was very smooth - smoother than BC2 and MW2
    -Graphics were very nice - no visible lag
    -Connection settings seemed excellent - in a game within 15 secs of clicking 'find game'
    -Weapons had a nice feel - sound was great

Bad side
    -Weapons are overpowered
    -Whole thing seems as if its Hardcore - not big minus though
    -didnt have a clue what UAV/Support action I had
    -menus were a bit funky
    -seen some still dead figures lying about, as if map hadnt refreshed
    -seems very suited to a camping style of play for those "RUSH" maps or whatever they're called, there seem to be loads of chokepoints and the maps are quite small and narrow....2-3 defenders with M24s ..or M95s...not sure which...will easily hold a whole team at bay.

Mind, I only played 1 map, drunk, at 1.30 am, so...ill give it another go tomorrow and see if my original assessment still holds up.

However, I CAN see me playing this for a good while, as long as they make some improvements to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Spear wrote: »
    There's a curious one though: Killcams won't be on by default, but for anyone whose KDR hits 4/1, the killcam would be activated for them alone.
    That would be a campers dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

been playing the finished game the past few games... maybe its coz im absolutely shattered from a tough weeks work, but im not particularly impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Releasing the beta for a few days just before launch is a bit strange tbh, sure what changes can they hope to achieve? If they called it a demo then maybe. However I think its a bit crap, and after seeing how Dice supported BFBC2 I'll be leaving well alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Damn. I was getting my hopes up until I saw that it's closed.

TheFairy wrote: »
    sure what changes can they hope to achieve?

none, sure the game is finished and printed. unless its for a zero day patch

Dice said the beta was more a server stress test than anything else according to the official forums.

• Advertisement

aye that makes sense

Advertisement