Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union giving out money too easily

Options
  • 01-10-2010 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Today I went to the Credit Union to get some money out of my savings, I brought my CU ATM Card with me as I was intending to use the ATM outside of the CU. When I got there the ATM was being serviced so I went inside to ask how long it would be before it was back in order. The lady behind the counter proceeded to tell me that I could just get my money there and then, I told her I didn't have any photo ID on me and she said that was okay. She then handed me out E600 after asking me for just my name, my address and my DOB. I'm actually thinking of pulling my money out of there if someone can walk in and give that small amount of information and get money. Am I missing something here could they have my passport photo saved on file in the computers or something, I'm genuinely very nervous now, what should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

my CU has my photo on file and i didnt even know because they took it ages ago and i forgot
    maybe yours is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭T17cH

Yea most if not all the credit unions would have a photo on record of each member you'd normally see the webcams on the counters so they should be able to tell from that if your the account holder.

Advertisement