Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with boss

Options
  • 01-10-2010 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice. I started working in a Montessori School in Waterford in late July. I am a fully qualified Montessori teacher and at the Interview I was told I would be earning between 9 and 10 euro per hour with an increase after three months. Since starting I have been paid €8.65 per hour cash in hand. My P45 has not been sent away, therefore I am not paying tax, PRSI etc. and to top it all off I somtimes don't get paid at the end of the week because the owner apparently doesn't have the money to pay me. This is ridiculous, I moved out of home based on the promises made when the job was offered. I don't know how to approach the situation with the owner for fear of being fired like the last person who brought it up.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Are you job-hunting? You should be ...

IMHO, there's unlikely to be a happy resolution to this. You could let your employer know that you will be telling Revenue about your working there, and that might get them to start doing things properly. But if the employer doesn't have the cash to pay you anyway, they may not be able to do anything about it.

(You don't have to wait for the employer to send of the paperwork to Revenue: as soon as you have their employer number you can send off a 12a yourself.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

sbEdge wrote: »
    Just looking for a bit of advice. I started working in a Montessori School in Waterford in late July. I am a fully qualified Montessori teacher and at the Interview I was told I would be earning between 9 and 10 euro per hour with an increase after three months.

What does your contract say?

I'd advise you to lodge your pay each week with the narrative "wages". you can use this as a record of what you got paid in the event of a dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

She sais she has a contract but hse hasnt given it to me or shown it to me .... i think i will be job hunting alright !

Advertisement