Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A1 in Art?!

Options
  • 01-10-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello! Just wondering.....is it possible to get an A1 in art, without been a living-day Van Gough!? It seems impossible! Any advice on what to study or work on? Writing techniques for discussing art..? Etc.etc..

Thanks homies :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Well roughly one in a hundred got an A1 (1.4%) at higher level in 2010. So compared to other subjects A1s are extremely difficult to obtain. I didn't do Art so I know nothing about it, but everybody always said that A1s in it are virtually unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

art also involves art history ....so talent alone wont get you a good grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

PCPhoto wrote: »
    It's the history that's often people's downfall, I've seen some amazing artists, people with talent oozing out their pores, who got low Bs because they didn't work on the history enough.

So basically just don't leave the history by the way side, it's a horrible part of the course but if you know your stuff, have some good sketches, and put your own spin on things (i.e. talk about your opinions on the work, and your feelings towards it as opposed to just parroting off huge sections from the book -they love all that) you can pick up some easy marks there.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

the sister got one 3yrs ago in the lc. damn brainbox :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

My cousin got an A1 in Art, but she's awesome. Wouldn't say she's Van Gogh though. She wasn't a 600 point student either, she got somewhere in the mid 400s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

Ha, haven't seen this forum in a while i remember asking that question myself on this and got a b1.
    Sure i would have loved an a but it was still a handy pocket of points to get into college.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Well lets just say there is an art to it, ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

PCPhoto wrote: »

This. You maybe excellant at Art but if you concentrate on the drawing part you will come off bad grade wise. You have to find the balance. Is it impossible? No.

Advertisement