Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Cycle Corporation, ltd - Santry

Options
  • 01-10-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi All:

Anyone ever hear about this company. So far I know that they manufactured bicycles, frames, forks and seat and chain stays. Manufacturing began in 1953.

Guess, would like to know what happened to them.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

You could have a look on solocheck.ie they seem to a listing for them:

http://www.solocheck.ie/FreeIrishBusinessReport?businessNumber=38623&businessName=IRISH+CYCLE+CORPORATION

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

I remember a bicycle factory in Santry in the seventies. It made "Eska" bicycles and it was located where the industrial est is now. I can't remember exactly when it closed down but I'd guess that it was mid-seventies.The lumber company "Noyeks" moved into the factory after the bike factory closed down. I've no idea if it was called the Irish Cycle Corporation, but it would seem unlikely that there were two bike factories in the one area.

Advertisement