Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private DJ lessons in Limerick?

Options
  • 01-10-2010 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Would anyone be willing to give me lessons in DJing in Limerick? I have a set numark mixdeck. I am only 15 so I dont know if I can do any courses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

You don't need lessons, or to do a course. Just start mixing. Check out this YouTube channel, and remember that the music is much more important than the mixing. Try to find at least 2/3 really great tracks a day. You'll become a better by moreso by finding good music than practicing mixing.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

A few people have asked this question before and generally the same answer is given - practice, practice, practice... look up tips on youtube, ask questions here or other forums and buy these two books...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-DJ-properly-Science-Playing/dp/0593058119/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Night-DJ-Saved-Life/dp/0755313984/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285965967&sr=8-1

Oh and most importantly, enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Contact Dan Sykes @ Viva Studios - he may know someone who can help you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Here bud im in Limerick and i can help ya with whatever ya need to know..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mikeryantipp

Is there any workshops on in Limerick where Djs meet up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

remember that the music is much more important than the mixing. Try to find at least 2/3 really great tracks a day.

This is probably the best advice you could take......get into the tunes you like before you concentrate on the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

A few people have asked this question before and generally the same answer is given - practice, practice, practice...

I thought that's how you get to Carnegie Hall.

It reminds of the Demetri Martin joke about him wanting to live next to Carnegie Hall so that when people asked him how to get to his place, he could tell them 'Practice, Practice, Practice! …and then take a left.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

This is probably the best advice you could take......get into the tunes you like before you concentrate on the rest.

Nah that's just crazy talk, just buy some goofy clothes, preferably fluorescent, some shades (always a good look in a night club), learn how to raise your hands in the air during breakdowns (your mirror in your bedroom will be good practice for this) and find out how to create epilepsy-inducing visuals like this:

and it won't matter what tat you play.

Music, Schmusic. Good toons are for losers and students…

Advertisement