Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have 5th years actually covered?.

• 01-10-2010 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Im posting this as I have no idea if we're moving too slow in school subjects. I'm doing
    Irish
    English
    Maths
    French
    Music
    Business
    Geography
    LCVP
    So far we've done
    Irish- Geibheann, Some Comprehensions and Hurlamaboc (Pro)
    English- Sylvia Plath: Child, Poppies In July, Morning Song, The arrival of the bee-box and Pheasant. Act I scene 1 & 2 In Hamlet
    Maths- Algebra 1, Arithmetic and Half of Co-ordinate Geometry
    French- All our verbs tenses ect. and the first 2 oral sections (Yourself and your family)
    Music- Some Tchaikovsky, Cadences, Variations and basic Melodies
    Business- Chapter 1 & 2 and the SOG & SOS Act 1980
    Geography- Earths structure, Plate Tectonics, Volcanoes, Earthquakes and Composition, Characteristics, Processes, and Classifications of soils in Geoecology.
    LCVP- CV.

Have you guys done much more than this or about the same?. It would really stop me worrying. Thanks guys :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

:/

Are you done telling us how fast you're moving yet? You did it in the 5th year thread too. Telling us you had 2 chapters of maths, loads of Irish poetry questions done and every French tense done in a week. We weren't born yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭DavidKelly1

Crayolastereo i'm not looking for any smart comments about my post I am seriously just looking for peoples advice about the year. It seems to me that every post I make there is someone ready to contradict me or tell me i'm lying. I am also terribly sorry and partially amused by the fact that you try to bring down everyone elses confidence and say rude things to make you feel good about yourself.
    I'm not apoligising for making this post, and if you have nothing genuine or helpful to add, DO NOT ANSWER!!. I am really not looking for your "knowledge".
    And I also never implied you were born yesterday. So please
    LOSE THE ATTITUDE

It's sincerely unappeling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Crayolastereo i'm not looking for any smart comments about my post I am seriously just looking for peoples advice about the year. It seems to me that every post I make there is someone ready to contradict me or tell me i'm lying. I am also terribly sorry and partially amused by the fact that you try to bring down everyone elses confidence and say rude things to make you feel good about yourself.
    I'm not apoligising for making this post, and if you have nothing genuine or helpful to add, DO NOT ANSWER!!. I am really not looking for your "knowledge".
    And I also never implied you were born yesterday. So please
    LOSE THE ATTITUDE

It's sincerely unappeling
    Examples?

I've only ever seen her be 'rude' to you, and with good reason - nobody here wants your ****.

nobody here wants your ****.

Ah pshoway!!. :rolleyes:

I don't care.. ;).. Go do something with your life

:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Lol your moving fine, you have only been at school a month and your only in 5th year! Relax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

hes in a grind school prob . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I do business but I dont understand what chapters 1 and 2 are. I might be using a different book to you. What are the contents of 1 and 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 yamadeejit

lol you don't even do a science subject. You've cut yourself short alot of courses bud!

yamadeejit wrote: »
    lol you don't even do a science subject. You've cut yourself short alot of courses bud!

Lol?. Since when did not doing a Science subject become something laughable?. :confused: In my opinion i'm at an advantage not a disadvantage. Why would you spend most of your time studying something you have no interest in?. I'm not going to double my workload for something I don't have a passion for. I don't need a Science subject for anything anyway I want to do . I'm only interested in doing a BCL in Law and Arts, so I don't need one.

And Padocon, chapter 1 & 2 involves People In Business and Non-Legislative methods for conflict. We've also started the Legislative methods or acts, even tough some of them have changed.

The Tonyator I am in a Private school.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Going nowhere. Locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement