Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looting

Options
  • 01-10-2010 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

In some post-apocalyptic world, where necessities are somehow guaranteed for your, what work of art, literature etc... would you loot anywhere in the world? You can only choose one item!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I call dibs on the Gutenburg Bible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

what work of art, literature etc... would you loot anywhere in the world? You can only choose one item!
    Art:the creation of beautiful or significant things

It would have to Megan Fox.I'd loot her anyday!.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭WinstonSmith

It would have to Megan Fox.I'd loot her anyday!.:D

Here Here

For what it's worth, I don't know what piece of work I would loot. Perhaps the 1623 first folio of Shakespeare? Maybe, the rosetta stone. Or the Dead Sea Scrolls. There's certainly something in the Vatican Archives I'd like to have. I wonder are there any extant works by Cicero- I'd like to loot those bad boys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

The Parthenon marbles set up around the sitting room would do nicely, thank you. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

First edition copy of The Carpet People by Terry Pratchett.

One day I will own a copy. One day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

In some post-apocalyptic world, where necessities are somehow guaranteed for your, what work of art, literature etc... would you loot anywhere in the world? You can only choose one item!
    Sistine chapel :pac:

Nody wrote: »
    Sistine chapel :pac:

That's a very big item- I wonder does it come under the remit of many items, for example, the sistine chapel roof etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

casey_stoner_2008_ducati.jpg

Without a doubt this work of art would be top of my list!

Advertisement