Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Eno's Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks - NCH Nov 9th

Options
  • 01-10-2010 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

Got my seats for this "Space Flight" today for Nov 9th
    Brian Eno's Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks
    with NASA footage
    Tuesday 9th November, 8pm
    Pioneering ensemble Icebreaker and formidable pedal steel guitarist BJ Cole bring their critically acclaimed performance of Brian Eno's album Apollo to Dublin for the first time.
    Widely regarded as Brian Eno's best and most influential ambient album, Apollo was written for Al Reinert's documentary on the Apollo space missions, For All Mankind. This show returns the music to its original conception, as a non-narrative counterpart to NASA footage from the Apollo programme which is projected during the performance: matching the mesmerizing beauty and tranquil mystery of the moon and Earth; the dizzying scale and humbling feat of engineering involved in taking people to the moon; and capturing the banality and the humour of the astronauts as they skitter about the moon's surface.
    The concert sees the studio bound album uniquely arranged by composer Jun Lee aka kayip (who was specially selected by Eno for this project) for modern classical group Icebreaker and pedal-steel guitarist BJ Cole. This unique multimedia experience is the final frontier for Eno's ambient music milestone.

http://www.nch.ie/Box-Office/Performances/Icebreaker-and-B-J--Cole-perform-music-from-BRIAN-.aspx?date=09/11/2010&time=2000&utm_campaign=CerysACSSApollo&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=NovEventsEzine&utm_content=Apollo&utm_term=%20-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Wow, I remember owning this on, ahem, cassette whe it first came out.
    Along with "Another Green World" and "Music for Airports"

It was unlike anything else I had ever heard, but it wasnt really appreciated. Eno was ahead of his time.

Advertisement