Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Circus Cruelty

Options
  • 01-10-2010 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

As Circus Vegas and Fossetts circus are in town I'd just like to bring to peoples attention how much cruelty goes on in some of these Irish circus's (or any circus for that matter) Fossetts is a non-animal circus so I'll leave that out of this.On the other hand Circus Vegas still holds animals, I'm not sure if they hold exotic animals but they do hold ponies/horses and dogs. In 2006 there were 102 exotic animals and 59 domestic species of animals in Irish circuses including... Big Top Circus, Tom Duffys Circus, Circus Gerbola, Great European Circus, Circus Sydney and Circus Vegas. To this day some animals are still kept for entertainment purposes in circus's in Ireland (and worldwide). The animals are chained around the neck, on the ankles, kept in unclean small cages or electric fences, barely cleaned and are kept in trucks while moving on the road. The Austria, Israel and Singapore governments have banned the use of exotic animals in circus's. Although in Ireland elephants,giraffes,rhinos and lions are all still being used in circus's.

Take a look at this video, by visiting circus's including Circus Vegas (Which is currently in Dublin) you are letting this go on and letting the animals suffer in pain: http://www.irishcircuses.org/roc/images/ring_of_cruelty_bg.wmv

How can I help?
    1) Simply don't go to these circus's, instead of bringing the kids to circus Vegas bring them to fossetts Circus and enjoy a non-animal circus which is 3 times better.

2) Spread the word about this, ring in to your radio and get them talking about it, send it in to the news papers, flyers, newsletters, LET PEOPLE KNOW WHATS GOING ON!!!

This was brought to my attention from the help of this website: http://www.irishcircuses.org/index.html

Spread the word, stick to all-human acts and get animal performances banned in circus's throughout Ireland!!!!
    :eek:

Advertisement