Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Street View on Google Maps.

• 01-10-2010 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Can someone put me out of my misery and tell me how to do this.
    I've downloaded Google Maps and Street View from the market but can't seem to open Street View at all.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I was trying it yesterday. I don't think you can. It doesn't show up in Settings>Layers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

install streetview frm the market. then open maps hold down on a place until a bubble with the name of the location appears.Then tap the bubble and pick the streetview symbol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

jd83 wrote: »
    install streetview frm the market. then open maps hold down on a place until a bubble with the name of the location appears.Then tap the bubble and pick the streetview symbol

Thank you.
    TBH, they didn't make it too easy to find.
    Ah no, just got a force close- we'll see how it goes.

Jaysus the resolution on that is scarily good.
    Wonder how much the privacy thing will be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I dont think you have to install Google Street Maps for it to work in Google Maps. It doesnt show up in the layers in Google Maps.

All you do is press and hold on the location you want to view. It then figures out the name of the road. Then touch the bubble that appears and then click on the streetview pegman.

This has worked for me already even though I am only installing street view now for the first time.

It is great for navigation. Click on the end point of a route and you will be able to see the street view for it. Very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I can get street view without having installed anything, just using the "maps" app as per usual, press and hold, wait for address bubble to pop up, click, and then click the little man icon.

One thing I noticed though, when opening links from my calendar, if the link is google.ie, it will open in the browser, which doesn't work half as well as the map app, but if the link is google.com, it gives you the option to open in browser, or maps app, which is a bit strange, once you open in maps app, it works fine!

Just strange how it gives you the option if the link is from google.com and doesn't if it's a google.ie address :confused: Anyway, all you have to do is change the .ie to .com and it still works, you don't have to go back to google.com, find the address etc but it would be nice if it gave you the option anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Fook me, that's clear, i can see that little bug i hot on the M50 on my windscreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

It works unbelievably well. Although, I had to look for a youtube video to see how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Turning on the compass mode makes it show you whats in the direction your looking in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

It's feckin incredible alright...even if the photos are a good bit out of date at this stage...

Anyone i've shown it to on the phone with compass mode turned on is blown away by it....i have to fight to get my phone back!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Gryzor wrote: »
    Anyone i've shown it to on the phone with compass mode turned on is blown away by it....i have to fight to get my phone back!! :eek:
    You're right. it is pretty damn cool. Incredibly smooth and quite accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

My compass mode is a bit crappy, it only seems to work reliably for up and down. WHats teh best way of testing the compass?

You're right. it is pretty damn cool. Incredibly smooth and quite accurate.

Incredibly cool app alright.
    If there's any downside, it uses a fair amount of data.

Advertisement