Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website testing

• 01-10-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Well, I'm creating a gaming website (with an Irish spin, but not limited to Irish) and I'm looking for some people who would test it out, the features, the UI etc. and give their views on the website, any changes they would suggest. If you would be willing to help me out just reply or pm me. Thanks!

The website has a blog for gaming related news. A slight social network aspect to it eg. Friend connections, profiles, groups, forums, private messaging and more. The concept behind it is to allow gamers to connect easily arrange matches, discuss, keep up to date with their clans activity, and find out the latest gaming news.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Yay! Another one! We needed that desperately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Good luck with it, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cmccarra

Grayditch wrote: »
    Good luck with it, anyway.

Thanks!

Helix wrote: »
    Yay! Another one! We needed that desperately

So I take your being sarcastic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i just dont know any more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Sure, Let us know know what you want to do.

I like it when people come up with new ideas and things. Hopefully your website will be a success.

Hey, just to let you know the site is up and you can check it out - http://www.reconrepublic.com - you can join to if you want ;) If you have any trouble or advice give me a buzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

you know there is more than one game out there

tonydude wrote: »
    you know there is more than one game out there

It was a big news week for Call of Duty ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

cmccarra wrote: »
    Well, I'm creating a call of duty website (with an Irish spin, but not limited to Irish) and I'm looking for some people who would test it out, the features, the UI etc. and give their views on the website, any changes they would suggest. If you would be willing to help me out just reply or pm me. Thanks!

The website has a blog for call of duty related news. A slight social network aspect to it eg. Friend connections, profiles, groups, forums, private messaging and more. The concept behind it is to allow gamers to connect easily arrange matches, discuss, keep up to date with their clans activity, and find out the latest call of duty news.

;)

• Advertisement

;)

Hey, if you want to write other news I'll happily give you permissions ;)

So that's a note taken, look more into other games :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Looks nice and clean, which is good and it's not black, which is also good. Too many similar sites are black. It might be a little too sterile though, maybe consider a more eye-catching logo. Visually though I'd say you're doing pretty well. Over-crowded sites are never good.

You could do with a bit more than just news though, you won't get many repeat visits when kotaku and the likes do the same thing, but with more writers and more updates. On your own you just can't keep news going up regularly enough. I'd say stick to a few stories a week and give a few opinions, the way you did with the Black Ops patch, but with a bit more detail. What's this about conenction problems? Why didn't the patch do enough? What do you want them to sort out? etc.

Whatever you do with it though, best of luck.

Advertisement