Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights over Ireland

Options
  • 01-10-2010 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Did anyone see all them lights over the Dublin area tonight at around 22:15? There must have been 30 at least. They were orange/red lights heading east. They were low enough in the sky and moving fairly fast, faster than a normal plane. I think they must have been military jets but I'm wondering if they can just fly over our air space just like that? I'm not suggesting they're U.F.O's, just want to know if someone can explain it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

mmmm... sounds like "happy new year fun whishy whishy flying happiness flame box" as they say in China. Or as we say ... Chinese lanterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 nintendo2kop

No, I know what chinese lanterns are. They were moving way too fast, also they weren't going in the wind direction. They would've been seen over the Phoenix Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

A lot of people posted videos on you tube last night of them ,the vids are not really good.In this one you can see a lot of lights in the sky

No, I know what chinese lanterns are. They were moving way too fast, also they weren't going in the wind direction. They would've been seen over the Phoenix Park.

Did they change direction at all? It would seem that someone set off a lot of lanterns at the same time. Unless it zoomed into the sky afterwards or the lights started flashing all the colours of the bow then it was lanterns.

does anyone happen to have a still photo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

That's quite strange you say that about the lights, because myself and a friend came out of cinema in Swords last night and we had spotted a weord looking red light going quite fast but with no noise going across the sky, we thought it was a bit weird and other people coming out were looking at it too.......hadnt really thought much about it until i read this post!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Wind moves in different directions at different altitudes, and at different speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

seen those lights last night, thought it was something on at the point depot, or whatever its called now (O2 arena?)

also, that video, doesnt look like its even dublin, no landmarks, and the cityscape when its in view should have the smokestacks in there somewere, if not them then either howth or bray head. Someone mentioned on the comments for it that it was actually a video of a sighting in Santiago.. which in fairness i'd believe.
    Note, the author added the sci-fi music to balance the reason he cut the sound after the first few seconds too, the original sound comes back in a few seconds before the end.. sorry but that video is complete BS imo.

Advertisement