Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What were Dermot and Dave thinking?

• 01-10-2010 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

I can't believe they've totally ripped off fm104s jim jim nugents politician song. You should be ashamed of yourselves. 98 was always second fry to 104. They're really proving it by ripping off Jim's song

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Manimal

bbability wrote: »
    I can't believe they've totally ripped off fm104s jim jim nugents politician song. You should be ashamed of yourselves. 98 was always second fry to 104. They're really proving it by ripping off Jim's song

Maybe they were getting back at FM104 for robbing their 'private jet to Paris' promotion. Plus I think you'll find that 98FM are the most listened to music station in Dublin. FM104 are number three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

I wouldn't say it was ripped off,
    Dermot and Dave only made it on the same day the truck was driven at Leinster House Gates...
    hence the name of the tune 'Truck You' and not 'F*** You'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭jimmy2flutes

bbability wrote: »

I had a quick listen to both for the comparison. So it sounds the same with the choice of song used. D&D was good, and they got a message out there within the space of a few hours. Wouldnt be my choice of song, especially if they knew 104 had already used it.

The JJ version was lowest common denominator radio! Bleeping out the swear words??? Well done, on offending the parents who are bringing the kids to school in the car and this comes on the radio! Instant switch off!

Finally, could you back up your statement of '98 was always second fry to 104'? Although, I would prefer that if you are going to moderate a radio board, that you try to remain impartial and not hold a bias towards certain presenters and radio stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

Are you never allowed send a winner to Paris again because 98 did a promotion there? Is there a Cityjet plane (I mean private jet :o) involved? Not to the best of my knowledge.

Promotions are the least of 98s problems anyway, their breakfast show is going to be in freefall pretty soon.

Promotions are the least of 98s problems anyway, their breakfast show is going to be in freefall pretty soon.

And the award for sweeping statement of the year goes to..........

After 8 years of the same breakfast team, its certain that the numbers will go down with the new crew.

In the exact same way that Mr Bland and the sidekick on 104 will go down and I would fully expect the new 2fm breakfast to go down as well.

• Advertisement

Make sure you log out now Jimmy, you wouldn't want someone in the Malt House learning of your identity....

Don't worry, I've changed the ip to a Macken house address afterall that's where all these posts come from!!!

Wrong again Jimmy... wrong again!

Advertisement