Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time shooter

Options
  • 01-10-2010 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Being from Belfast i have always had a certain interest in guns.

2 weeks ago my father in law invited me down to Hilltop range to fire off a few rounds, being ex army he likes to keep fresh.

Went down not knowing what to expect, but have to say that i loved it, fired off 100 rounds on a .22 and turns out i wasnt that bad an aim either, although was still shaking from nerves afterwards.

Thinking that i have found a hobby that i can turn to when need to de-stress a little

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

Some people go to Doctors
    Some people go to councillors
    Some people go to the pub
    Some people do other things

None of the above have discovered target shooting.
    The concentration required to put 5 bullets through the same hole at 1200 yards simply drives everything else from your mind.

Once you achieve it, you then realise that nothing is as important as doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

SpringerF wrote: »
    The concentration required to put 5 bullets through the same hole at 1200 yards simply drives everything else from your mind.
    +1
    10m to 1200yds and everything in between. Best way in the world to relax and de-stress, and there's nothing quite like it for a feeling of achievement.
    Welcome to the club innovated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

innovated wrote: »
    Being from Belfast i have always had a certain interest in guns.

2 weeks ago my father in law invited me down to Hilltop range to fire off a few rounds, being ex army he likes to keep fresh.

Went down not knowing what to expect, but have to say that i loved it, fired off 100 rounds on a .22 and turns out i wasnt that bad an aim either, although was still shaking from nerves afterwards.

Thinking that i have found a hobby that i can turn to when need to de-stress a little

Welcome aboard, if you do decide to get yourself a gun of any sort, the lads here will be able to help you with choices of calibers, scopes, mounts and everything else in between !!! Best of luck in your new sport !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

I find it's the deep state of relaxation where your shutting out every thing that doesn't matter at that moment in time, consciously breathing and controlling it, noticing your heart rhythm and coming to the point of finding your inner ZEN.

I konw theres times I could nearly fall asleep at the bench. :o but then maybe thats just me!!:o

Welcome to Shangri-La

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

Thanks for the warm welcome guys (and gals?)

already been thinking of getting my own gun, but cant really afford it at mo.

Planning on keeping this as a once a month treat to de-stress

• Advertisement
Advertisement