Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

allnight lan parties

• 01-10-2010 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Anyone interested in maybe organising all night lan parties for cs,cod etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

What format?

PC I assume ya? Be interesting but I'd say you'll find it hard to organise here my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 apexx

ziedth wrote: »
    What format?

PC I assume ya? Be interesting but I'd say you'll find it hard to organise here my friend.

yeh pc i know cybermart used to do alot of allnight lans used to be abit of crack but i dont think theres many cs players left in waterford now unfortunatly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

i would love to know what this thread is about. havent the foggiest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Some about all night panties? At least that's what I read anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

we were thinkin of doin it last month, had about 8 names. halo, UT, cs, racing games whatever. had it mostly arranged but it just kind of got forgotten about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

well your going to need a place with alot of space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

would be a good idea but you will need to cater for the xbox 360 and ps3 aswell,,and for autoban its like build it and the panties will come lol ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BIGButters

Savage idea, you could count me in if you get it going :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

apexx wrote: »
    yeh pc i know cybermart used to do alot of allnight lans used to be abit of crack but i dont think theres many cs players left in waterford now unfortunatly

that was a long time ago, cs_italy one of my favourite maps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ive recently relocated to waterford :D more than willing to help organise / setup and participate! :D

CS, nazi zombies, starcraft, aoe2, halo, quake anything really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I've got a few mates that would defo go for this too.

yeh il try speak to the owner of cybermart and see would he do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

That would be a right craic. Some CSS, or TF2. Me and about 7 of my friends used to have "WoW parties" in the same house every few months. Was some craic, it was also like something straight out of Southpark.
    Shame I dont really play much games anymore. Do you think you could get something like this started?
    rclnwk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Not Even Remotely Dorky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

If the dates are right I'd well be up for this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Groinshot wrote: »
    If the dates are right I'd well be up for this!

I really think you need to get someone to organise a real "date" for you.
    With a girl. And a real one at that, not some blow-up doll. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

I'm sure my girlfriend will appreciate that comment :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There does appear to be a "perception" that LAN partys are for antisocial people, thing is they often involve drinking, they always include a large crowd of people and you have to ask yourself which is better for somebody with no social skills:

Playing games on their own over the internet or attending a event with loads of other people which creates an actual proper social setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

count me in!

seems we have a decent amount of people and i know i could get atleast 5-6 so il speak to someone about it and il get back to you asap

• Advertisement

How would you get space? Like rent put something?

If I had a decent PC I'd nearly give it a go but the machine I used to game on died a heroic death and I just the laptop now.

I might cone and rob everyones movies and music :)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

lan parties are a good craic alright, was ace in cs_office cs_vertigo and de_prodigy, tf2 would be much more fun though

however I have found that the best game for a lan party by miles is Age of Empires II....unreal!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Red Alert used to be great back in the day so used CS, Desert Combat (battlefield mod) and of course the likes of Quake III and Unreal Tournament

ziedth wrote: »
    How would you get space? Like rent put something?

If I had a decent PC I'd nearly give it a go but the machine I used to game on died a heroic death and I just the laptop now.

I might cone and rob everyones movies and music :)

i was thinking of asking brendan the owner of cybermart to allow us use those pc's,and people can bring there own also ,altho i think using cm computers would be handy as they already have all the games installed and everything is already setup think cm can hold a good 20-30 people

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

cybermart isn't in the same spot as it once was, it now only holds like 10 people.

Ah I'm with ya now,

I'd be well on for going to cm or something like that seeing as the PC's have the stuff on them. I think you'd do well to get much more then 10 tbh.

well i know i could get about 5 or 6 myself and from what people have posted im guessing we could get about 15-20 , and we can do teams of 10 v 10 then or w/e but hopefully it will work out and be a good craic havent had a good lan in years

Advertisement