Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Patrol or Toyota Landcruiser (03 up)

• 01-10-2010 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Currently in the market for a good reliable 4x4! Im interested in the nissan

patrol but don't no too much about them!! Are they reliable? Are they

good off-roaders? Are they good to pull 12ft cattle trailers? What are they

like on diesel? And which model engine is better the 2.8td or the 3.0td???

I know alot about the landcruiser just the price is putting me off!!!

Just want opinions on which jeep is the best!!!

Please leave feedback as it is much appreciated!!! Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

I have a 01 patrol (3.0) with 170000 miles clocked and no problems

likes it's drop of diesel but plenty of poke with 12 foot box (often filled 2 decks with sheep)

very steady and feel very safe on the road

no experience of toyota but had a couple of mitshi pajeros and the patrol is streets ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

nissan patrol :the closest thing to a tank on the road

lad i work with has one ,dont think he to keen on it ,

• Registered Users Posts: 41 strange john

Hey,I just bought a 97 LWB landcruiser to replace my 91 SWB Pajero and can't praise it enough. It's streets ahead as regards comfort, power and stability on the road and very good off road, with permanent 4wd. I know you're looking for something a bit fresher, but I've heard of the D4D engines in the new landcruisers having injector problems. There are numerous threads on boards about it. A friend of mine has a 01 patrol and he's not a fan at all. He doesn't rate it off road as it has manually operated locking hubs which are a pain to use. He does pull a fairly big boat on the road though and has no complaints as regards power.Food for thought, that doesn't really help you make up your mind one way or the other I suppose, but that's my two cent!Best of luck with whatever you go for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I have a Sh!tload of Landcruisers, the latest model being an 05, no bother out of em,solid reliable bulletproof

I have had 3 GU Patrols with the 4.2L Turbo Diesel
    Once the Turbo Cacks it ( and it WILL) you have no power or acceleration
    Once the Front end fatigues you will have no steering and Naff all brakes
    Once the Chasis Cracks ( Again, happened all 3) you have an expensive Lawn ornament

in their defence they have nicer seats than the Cruiser Utes ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 anto martin

Hey fella,ive just joined boards so im a bit lost.Im in the same boat as you was looking for an 03 to 05 landcruiser but they are savage price.I looked at an 05 patrol today and liked it,a bit rough but seemed ok.What did you do in the end,how are you gettin on with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭mantua

Hey!! Decided to go with a landcruiser!
    Heard alot of bad things about the patrols that put me off them!! I know the landcruiser is a bit pricy but the best is always expensive!!!
    If you are getting an lc make sure it has a full service history or that the injectors have been done but that problem isnt as bad on the 5 speed than the 6 speed!! Hope all goes well for you!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭shaunandelly

Early 3.0tdi Patrols suffer lean problems and blow the pistons eventually. Lots of blown engines and Nissan unrepentant.

Advertisement