Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag. Science!?!?

Options
  • 01-10-2010 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Can anyone tell me what ag. science is like - very difficult?? A lot of work involved? Is it similar to biology in the sense that you could just learn off everything and get good results? Would it be possible to get an A1? :-/

Also I don't know much about farming or agriculture in general, actually let me rephrase that, I don't know anything.. but I do live on a farm if that counts for anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Just took it up this year in the Institute and dear me it is AWFUL! The teacher is difficult to understand, his notes are terrible and the subject is the most boring I've ever done (Name and identify 6+ types of grass ffs?). Having said that, like with any subject, put in the hours of study on it and the good marks will come, even if it's a boring and stupid and awful and monotonous subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Just took it up this year in the Institute and dear me it is AWFUL! The teacher is difficult to understand, his notes are terrible and the subject is the most boring I've ever done (Name and identify 6+ types of grass ffs?). Having said that, like with any subject, put in the hours of study on it and the good marks will come, even if it's a boring and stupid and awful and monotonous subject.

What an awful subject that was, the most boring class I have ever taken. It is a do-able subject though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I find it really interesting, much more interesting than any of my other sublects and loads of biology overlap!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

I shall not reveal my teacher's name but he's no Laurence Olivier when explaining stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Wee bit harsh. His notes are pretty good in fairness, especially when compared with the book which you'd be using otherwise. Plus, he prints out 40 years of exam papers which is fairly sound!

You should probably edit out his name lads, before Randy has to do it for you:cool::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

MrsDoyle. wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what ag. science is like - very difficult?? A lot of work involved? Is it similar to biology in the sense that you could just learn off everything and get good results? Would it be possible to get an A1? :-/

Also I don't know much about farming or agriculture in general, actually let me rephrase that, I don't know anything.. but I do live on a farm if that counts for anything?
    It's not difficult at all. The course is fairly short as well. The only problem is the exam. The syllabus is out dated etc so questions appear which are simply not doable.

I think if you put a fair amount of work in a high B is easy enough. The As are harder to come by because of what I said above. As for me, I spent 3/4 hours on a Saturday just learning off reems of stuff. Got me a B1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I shall not reveal my teacher's name but he's no Laurence Olivier when explaining stuff

He's a nice guy, but you're right his notes are awful and he's very boring. btw @Gordon Gecko any chance you can remove his name from the quote? don't know if thats possible, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Mrs Doyle, the thread linked to in the second post has TONNES of useful information!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement