Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The next beers

Options
2»

Comments

w/e 12th
    God you have an awful attitude!! You know what, I wouldn't want to go to a Beers now with someone like you. No need to cry like a baby just because Swords won the vote. Go have your Balbriggan Beers then and maybe the Swords gang should have their own one for anyone that wants to have one. It seems like this forum is very divided with the Balbriggan/Rush/Skerries people and the Swords/Malahide/Howth etc people so maybe there should be seperate beers anyway to suit everyone. Enjoy the Balbriggan Beers!:rolleyes:
    Cool, have fun.

w/e 12th
    I'll have to let you guys do this one since not only can I not afford to go out this next few weeks but like I said repeatedly I can't go to Swords. To clarify an ex boyfriend of mine lives there and he's not a centimetre short of mental. I wont risk him seeing me. I liked Swords a lot back when I was on the right side of him, so it's not any sort of Swords-related-begrudgery, it's just self-preservation.

As for the NCD divide, there is no reason to believe I have any part in any such things since I merely live in Balbriggan, since March - I'm from Wexford but I consider myself a south county Dublin native. I'd far prefer to live closer to the city than Balbriggan, but I do live in Balbriggan and am making it home. So whatever snobbery or divide that was interpreted in my post wasn't actually there, tbh. I'm not a native. I apologise for the use of foul language.

Have fun in Swords guys!! Perhaps we'll wait till after Christmas for the next beers, which should then be Skerries or Rush - Rush probably more popular so we can work on that during December! Just someone do step forwards and organise these Swords beers, because I can't as much as I'd like to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

w/e 12th
    So we are getting close to the weekend of the 5th. Balbriggan or Swords? Daddy or chips? Do people want to meet up this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

w/e 12th
    could we actually get a reply from people who are going.HB, maybe do the thanks thing again.
    So post Balbriggan on the 5 and swords on the 5 and get people to thank the post if they can make it, sot if thats where they might go, if you know what I mean???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

w/e 12th
    Press thanks on this post for

BALBRIGGAN

• Advertisement

w/e 12th
    Thank this post for

SWORDS

w/e 12th
    Well, this post is me, thanking the Balbriggan one because some numnuts didn't realize you can't thank you own post... D'oh!

w/e 12th
    What day do we want to make a decision

w/e 12th
    looks like Balbriggan to me, but open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

w/e 12th
    Are we going ahead with it tomorrow night at the Bracken Court Hotel? Friday is my only free night this weekend.

• Advertisement

w/e 12th
    No idea...

w/e 12th
    Can't believe I bothered doing this... there are 100 other things I should be doing (which is probably why I did this):
    Skerries Balbriggan Rush Swords

5th 1 8 0 2
    12th 1 0 0 3
    19th 1 0 0 1
    26th 1 1 0 3

Balbriggan on the 5th was more popular, but results may be skewed by the fact some people didn't vote for a date. (Some multiples too but suppose they do give an idea of the numbers interested for a particulr venue/date anyway).

Anyway I'm indifferent! I'll go to Bracken Court tomorrow if people want to agree to hold it there, otherwise open to other people's suggestions and arrangements?

w/e 12th
    ok, todays my birthday, yipee, but I will be out tomorrow night and will pop intot he hotel at about 8.30 ishy...Hope to see some boardies there.Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

w/e 26th
    Frohes Geburtstag from Switzerland! Have a great night.

HB

w/e 12th
    The weather's depressing, boyfriend's working tomorrow (again) so wont come out, looks like the same "crowd" as last time (+Cathy ;))!

If anyone really wants to go for a few drinks tomorrow night then I'll come out, otherwise I'd suggest leaving it, if anyone from any of the other places wants to go ahead with one of the other dates or whatever.

Darren? Snarah? Cathy? Anyone else? What you guys think?

w/e 12th
    Maybe best leave it for now and try it again in the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Rush
    Hey everyone. Unfort something came up tomorrow evening for me which I cannot miss, but I'm unsure if it will go a head even now so if it doesn't, I'll give a call to the Bracken Court if anyone shows up there.

w/e 12th
    That's kind of a relief, was dreading going anywhere if the weather was anything to go by in the last few days.

w/e 12th
    Im easy,Ill be out anyway, so maybe next year.Gosh sounds like its ages away.

w/e 12th
    Happy birthday Cathy, and be careful tonight, by all news reports you'll be lucky if you're not washed out to sea tonight ;)

• Advertisement

w/e 26th
    So, did anyone meet for beers on Friday?

w/e 12th
    I was there for a bit witht he OH.
    Didnt see anyone else.
    Cathy

w/e 26th
    That's a pity. I hope you enjoyed your birthday though. :)

Advertisement