Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

unable to read disc?????

• 02-10-2010 3:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

my x box 360 is saying unable to read disc but only after about 5-10 mins of playin it and this happens on every game its about two years old only started doing it about a week ago . whats that about??
    thanks for any help in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Sounds like it could be the laser going,
    Its happened myself recently

Before it got totally ****ed I traded it in for a new one :pac:

I recommend you do that and get yourself a slim unless you fancy paying microsoft to fix it for you. It's a risk though, most places test the console and if anything goes wrong during that you wont be able to trade it in

You could always try just installing the game you want to play onto the hardrive, if it survives the install you should be able to play without issue. Can't see a reason why not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Sounds like it could be the laser going,
    Its happened myself recently

I recommend you do that and get yourself a slim unless you fancy paying microsoft to fix it for you. It's a risk though, most places test the console and if anything goes wrong during that you wont be able to trade it in

You could always try just installing the game you want to play onto the hardrive, if it survives the install you should be able to play without issue. Can't see a reason why not

cool thanks... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how do i install the game to the hard drive:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I would check my warranty status on xbox.com you might still be able to get a free fix :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

I used a disc cleaner on mine and that sorted the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

To answer the question of your username, yeah that is a bit evil alright. Could be some poor kids next xmas present :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

EnterNow wrote: »
    To answer the question of your username, yeah that is a bit evil alright. Could be some poor kids next xmas present :(

It was fair bad alright.. but tough times. Was either risk it or no 360 :pac:

haha besides for all i know could have suddenly started to work fine>_>

Games fault for not testing it :D
    pokertalk wrote: »
    cool thanks... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how do i install the game to the hard drive:D
    just go to your dashboard and where you press A to start up the game just press Y (Game Details) and install it

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

The same thing has happened to me. Installing the game for me works sometimes, hopefully you will have better luck.

If no joy, ring up and see if your xbox is still under warranty. If it is, they send UPC to collect it at your door and return it to you three weeks later, or in my case, a brand new xbox.
    If however, if it is out of warranty, hang up and register to get it repaired online as it costs €120~ish over the phone, but it is €100 if you do it on the net. Something to keep in mind.

CORaven wrote: »
    The same thing has happened to me. Installing the game for me works sometimes, hopefully you will have better luck.

If no joy, ring up and see if your xbox is still under warranty. If it is, they send UPC to collect it at your door and return it to you three weeks later, or in my case, a brand new xbox.
    If however, if it is out of warranty, hang up and register to get it repaired online as it costs €120~ish over the phone, but it is €100 if you do it on the net. Something to keep in mind.
    took the hard drive out and its playing them now . when i try to copy the game to the hard drive it works until 40% then sez unable to read disc again gonna see if i can fix it with a sledge hammer and some fire. anyone wanna buy an x box 360 works like new except for some big dents and burn marks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Maybe something to do with the HDD so. Have you a USB stick you can use instead? Copy you saves and profile to it,remove the HDD and see if you have any issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Phegasus

Try clearing the system cache by going to: System Settings - Memory - Highlight the HDD and press the yellow Y button to bring up the device options. From here you will see the option to Clear System Cache.

This works on a number of disc read issues and freezing issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

+1 for burning it to your hard drive, a couple of my games have gotten the ring of death thanks to my nephews :rolleyes: but if I borrowed the same game off a mate, burnt it on, then played off my damaged disc it works no problem. Should work the same if your lazer is going

+1 for burning it to your hard drive, a couple of my games have gotten the ring of death thanks to my nephews :rolleyes: but if I borrowed the same game off a mate, burnt it on, then played off my damaged disc it works no problem. Should work the same if your lazer is going
    ye i burned on a couple of games and then went to play them and was going good for the first hour and then it happened again . do ya leave the disc in the hole time or take it out after a min ???

Advertisement