Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FU**ing hell!!!!!

• 02-10-2010 6:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

I noticed a stupid error in my introduction after getting my thesis back from the binders!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

WHY!?!?:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Reprint the page on A4 sticky paper and stick over it, alternatively just stick over a normal A4 sheet if you feel it's to important not to correct.

It's also possible to use a sharp knife to leave an inch near the bind and cut the page out and then stick the corrected page in by joining it to the inch you've left.

Lots of solutions, don't panic. Just make sure the changes you make to the page leave the last sentence on that page the same as it was relative to the next page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Yag reuoY

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Reprint the page on A4 sticky paper and stick over it, alternatively just stick over a normal A4 sheet if you feel it's to important not to correct.

It's also possible to use a sharp knife to leave an inch near the bind and cut the page out and then stick the corrected page in by joining it to the inch you've left.

Lots of solutions, don't panic. Just make sure the changes you make to the page leave the last sentence on that page the same as it was relative to the next page.

Unfortunately I didn't have the time to do this. :( It was a stupid spelling error that just looks so amateurish -- especially on the first ****ing page!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Step away from the thesis. Now.

Don't read any more of it please.

What's done is done.

The quality of your work will speak for itself. I spotted at least 20 mistakes in mine when I finally did reread it a couple of weeks later. Between editing and spelling mistakes there is bound to be some. I was mad for about a day then I still got a first, so don't fret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Yag reuoY

Roro4Brit wrote: »

What's done is done.

The quality of your work will speak for itself. I spotted at least 20 mistakes in mine when I finally did reread it a couple of weeks later. Between editing and spelling mistakes there is bound to be some. I was mad for about a day then I still got a first, so don't fret.

Sterling advice! I'm not going to read anymore for the sake of my sanity.

The first page!:mad::eek::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Roro4Brit wrote: »

What's done is done.

Possibly the reason I've never read mine :pac: What's done is done, stressing won't change it. Typos happen to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Relax, it's just a spelling mistake. Unless your spelling and grammar was consistantly bad it will have no bearing on your result. I read my thesis a few weeks after I submitted it and found a few spelling mistakes. It was a bit annoying but in time you won't even care about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

Yag reuoY wrote: »
    I noticed a stupid error in my introduction after getting my thesis back from the binders!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

WHY!?!?:mad:

Unless you get a professional proofreader to look over it, there will always be some mistakes in my opinion, so dont worry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Bring it back to the binders, they will replace the page for you no problem in a few minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I hacked into mine with a knife when I noticed I had out in two pages of introductions (an exact copy). Tricky but do able.

However, If I were you, I would leave it. A classmate of mine, top of the class and a very meticulous character when it came to college work, ended up spelling 'Sociology' wrong on her first page. Silly as it sounds, but she did. And just had to push it aside and hand in it, still came out with a fantastic result, so don't worry!

Advertisement