Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast draw?

Options
  • 02-10-2010 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

Post deleted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

The only thing faster than that is a nudist with hot coffee on his lap :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Mr Foley, I think this thread sends a bad message to all concerned.

that man is not demonstrating safe pistol handling.
    he is also referencing a pistol as a weapon, not for targets.

these things are not to be condoned or supported in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

What the hell was the cameraman thinking around 03:20? :eek:

Sparks wrote: »
    What the hell was the cameraman thinking around 03:20? :eek:

Sparks

don't think this is a good video to encouraging others to watch.
    And I think the PTB would agree with me on this one...
    The underlying team has nothing to do with target shooting............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Gotta admit its impressive though ! Camera man on a death wish

• Advertisement

Sparks

CAS isn't banned over here tackleberry.
    It's not done, so far as I know, but it's not banned either.
    I'd be more worried about someone trying to film shooters (in any discipline) from the position that that cameraman did while live firing was going on!

CAS isn't banned over here tackleberry.
    It's not done, so far as I know, but it's not banned either.
    I'd be more worried about someone trying to film shooters (in any discipline) from the position that that cameraman did while live firing was going on!

there is a muzzle blast visible showing he is not firing correctly, I believe it is all a rigged setup anyway.

However, for those of us who have to go through rigid procedures, and others who had to go through court cases to get centrefires this thread sends out a bad message if continued to exist.

without getting into practical stuff on this thread, i feel this thread could undo a lot of good work by centrefire pistol clubs in education.

I'm surprised that you yourself don't think so?
    endorsing fool hardy trick shots with such a sensitive issue as pistols in Ireland is I believe a bad move.

This is just the kind of thing Dermo would love to see and use against us Centrefire pistol shooters!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Sparks

I think you are really going over the top on this, we are all reasonable mature responsible shooters here:P We know what it is all about, shooting is shooting, it is fun to watch, it shows us what goes on out there, whether you like the term weapon or not, (neither do I), but a gun is a weapon regardless how we dress it up. So lets relax a bit and enjoy it, if people do not like it that they will not look at it again, different strokes for different folks. It is a form of shooting whether we like it or not and this is what this forum is about. I respect your opinion. But lets lighten up a bit, the world is in enough of a sh-t state without censoring or banning this kind of thing. Its not like we all have handguns to practice this kind of thing, and I hope that people who have them are responsible enough to make up their mind whether to try it or not, and if they do will do so responsibly

Tack, it's a video of something being done outside of Ireland, by non-Irish shooters, filmed by a non-Irish camera crew, which isn't done in Ireland at all.

I think banning it might just be over the top by a few squidges.

a gun is a weapon regardless how we dress it up.
    That's a paddlin', to borrow a phrase. If a gun is a weapon, then all dogs are poodles.

• Advertisement

there is a muzzle blast visible showing he is not firing correctly, I believe it is all a rigged setup anyway.

However, for those of us who have to go through rigid procedures, and others who had to go through court cases to get centrefires this thread sends out a bad message if continued to exist.

without getting into practical stuff on this thread, i feel this thread could undo a lot of good work by centrefire pistol clubs in education.

endorsing fool hardy trick shots with such a sensitive issue as pistols in Ireland is I believe a bad move.

This is just the kind of thing Dermo would love to see and use against us Centrefire pistol shooters!

In fairness I reckon the guy in the video went through rigid procedures for the pistol he is using, sounds like he is from cavan or something:rolleyes:

Relax its a video clip, hardly a demo for safety handling

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

That is frighteningly fast. When i first watched it i thought he didn't even unholster the gun.

Towards the start of the video with his first demonstration he said he was using a blank hence the ballon was only 8 feet away. When he done the double ballon shot they seemed the same distance so i'm assuming he was using the same blanks and the cameraman was in no danger.

Also, it could be me, he seemed to be aiming downward when they showed the shots in slow motion at the end of the video. If the blank at such a short distance acts like rat shot in a .22 then accuracy would not have to be 100%. I would love to see this with a target about 10mtrs away and live ammo.

If its speed and accuracy you're looking for though look no further than ...............

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Not at all

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    In fairness I reckon the guy in the video went through rigid procedures for the pistol he is using, sounds like he is from cavan or something:rolleyes:

Relax its a video clip, hardly a demo for safety handling

Well, as I seem to be the only contributer so far who had to do an interview with a chief super to hold on to a pistol, I have more to lose than others on here if the PTB think some Irish yahoo will try the same and blow a hole in his leg.

It may not be as dangerous with a "pellet gun" however I will not bother trying to persuade others not to post.

All I can do is hope it is the video is accepted by shooters as (how not to shoot, staring an American idiot)

ezridax wrote: »
    Towards the start of the video with his first demonstration he said he was using a blank hence the ballon was only 8 feet away. When he done the double ballon shot they seemed the same distance so i'm assuming he was using the same blanks and the cameraman was in no danger.
    Ezri, how many people have been injured seriously or even killed from blanks?
    Even leaving famous film stars aside?
    I can think of at least two serious injuries in Ireland alone right off the top of my head, one in the ERU.

Ezri, how many people have been injured seriously or even killed from blanks?
    Even leaving famous film stars aside?
    I can think of at least two serious injuries in Ireland alone right off the top of my head, one in the ERU.

I have seen what blanks can do, I generally get a demo every year when on a Tactical excercise with the DF.

There is a very good reason Blank firing attachments are fixed to the barrel of a styer . Blanks can kill!

A20bfa.jpg

Well, as I seem to be the only contributer so far who had to do an interview with a chief super to hold on to a pistol, I have more to lose than others on here if the PTB think some Irish yahoo will try the same and blow a hole in his leg.

It may not be as dangerous with a "pellet gun" however I will not bother trying to persuade others not to post.

All I can do is hope it is the video is accepted by shooters as (how not to shoot, staring an American idiot)

Well my thought process differs, I am on this forum because shooting is what I love to do, I will not apologise for it, hide it nor worry about any anti's that might wander on here to try and purposely torment and upset our sport. You can live worrying about other peoples perceptions of how things will come across if you like. If anyone looking at that video decides to give it a go I assure you they are illegally holding a firearm because anyone who owns one legally has the cop on to know this video is only entertainment.

For the record you are not the only one to go up in front of a super to keep a pistol so get over it ! We all have firearms to lose, thats if we are wreckless and stupid so we should all be safe on here;)

ezridax wrote: »
    If its speed and accuracy you're looking for though look no further than ...............
    Well :D
    I'd put up this lot:

Not as fast, but much smaller targets, much further away, and one-handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

JFW.

You don't shoot black powder target rifles or have fun shooting BP handguns in Ireland either, but there is still interest in that part of the sport.

Some of you guys definitely need to lighten up, FFS.

The link is pulled.

Enjoy your day.

tac

tac foley wrote: »
    JFW.

You don't shoot black powder target rifles or have fun shooting BP handguns in Ireland either, but there is still interest in that part of the sport.

Some of you guys definitely need to lighten up, FFS.

The link is pulled.

Enjoy your day.

tac

Put the link back up
    After all people are entitled to their opinions thats what this site is all about.

• Advertisement

tac foley wrote: »
    It seems that the poster's opinions count for little, while the detractors use the 'bully rule'.
    You weren't asked by a mod to pull that post, one poster said they thought it was a bad idea and you listened to them despite everyone else posting that they were wrong including a mod.
    Bullying wouldn't be tolerated here anyway; many of our regulars are now ex-regulars because they thought it would be.
    But if one poster disagreeing with you while everyone else disagrees with them is what counts for you as bullying tac, then I think you need to grow a slightly thicker skin.

Sparks, when i go to play the video i get the following message..........
    This video contains content from International Olympic Committee, who has blocked it from display on this website

What gives? It can be got on youtube.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

You weren't asked by a mod to pull that post, one poster said they thought it was a bad idea and you listened to them despite everyone else posting that they were wrong including a mod.
    Bullying wouldn't be tolerated here anyway; many of our regulars are now ex-regulars because they thought it would be.
    But if one poster disagreeing with you while everyone else disagrees with them is what counts for you as bullying tac, then I think you need to grow a slightly thicker skin.

I never bullied anyone?
    I gave my opinions, and the reasoning behind them, and as is often the case, nobody took any heed.

The amount of centrefire shooters in this country is very small, so those of us who like to go out, shoot at a piece of paper for "fun" every once in a while like to be able to continue to do that.

From my perspective, having a Centrefire pistol, I am the only person on this thread so far with a pistol to potentially lose.

I watched the video and I could only see the PTB having a field day, and the media!

Show the Competition stuff by all means, but showing how to shoot in a dangerous way............

That cop is referencing wildwest gunslingers, that is the whole image that centrefire shooters want to get away from

Mr Tac Foley (to avoid confusion I will call you mr, as i often get referenced as tack)

I meant no disrespect, i was just concerned that our DOJ would take a dim view of the thread, and think that people here might try that out.

I never bullied anyone?
    I gave my opinions, and the reasoning behind them, and as is often the case, nobody took any heed.

The amount of centrefire shooters in this country is very small, so those of us who like to go out, shoot at a piece of paper for "fun" every once in a while like to be able to continue to do that.

From my perspective, having a Centrefire pistol, I am the only person on this thread so far with a pistol to potentially lose.

I watched the video and I could only see the PTB having a field day, and the media!

Show the Competition stuff by all means, but showing how to shoot in a dangerous way............

That cop is referencing wildwest gunslingers, that is the whole image that centrefire shooters want to get away from

Mr Tac Foley (to avoid confusion I will call you mr, as i often get referenced as tack)

I meant no disrespect, i was just concerned that our DOJ would take a dim view of the thread, and think that people here might try that out.

Tackleberry why do you keep saying your the only one posting on this thread with a centre fire pistol to lose ? your not ? maybe I am misunderstanding this !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I didn't see the video. I'm not talking about it, I am just making a general point purely from my point of view.

My thinking regarding posting on forums has always been this;

Know the score regarding the rules first.

The if you think it fits in there, post it.

If a mod has an issue with it, then there's a problem. Talk to them.

If a poster has a problem with it, then it's up to the mods to figure out if that problem has merit or not. Again, talk to people.

I modded on another hunting site before. I posted a YouTube video of a fox being shot.

Another mod vehemently disagreed with my post, I got a lot of flak for it.

I thought it was fine, he didn't. We were both mods.

So, we came to the agreement that we'd leave it for the decision of the Admin. Admin asked I take it down, which was fine with me, no big deal.

I just think that's a good philosophy for posting threads.

If you're in conflict, then there's a system to work that out, it should be used. Anything else is playground antics.

Tackleberry why do you keep saying your the only one posting on this thread with a centre fire pistol to lose ? your not ? maybe I am misunderstanding this !!

Sorry, after Ezridax posted, i'm the second, sparks is air pistol.(unless you have a pistol and have failed to mention it before)
    mr Foley is across the water so our laws don't affect him.

Sorry, after Ezridax posted, i'm the second, sparks is air pistol.(unless you have a pistol and have failed to mention it before)
    mr Foley is across the water so our laws don't affect him.

Yes I have and I mentioned it a few posts ago,Yourself, Ezridax nor I can hardly be affected by a gunslinging video on a site considering its not even practiced here!!

Really dont see the big deal of it all but sure there ye go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

From my perspective, having a Centrefire pistol, I am the only person on this thread so far with a pistol to potentially lose....I meant no disrespect, i was just concerned that our DOJ would take a dim view of the thread, and think that people here might try that out.

A. YOU are the only person here with a centrefire pistol to lose. Well, Sir, I 'lost' so many hangduns back in 1997 that if you shot one a day it would take you almost four months to shoot them all. I venture to say that you cannot begin to imagine how I felt about THAT...

B. YOU are the only person who could try it out.

After have been 'harangued' from all sides to bring the old post back, I've decided that perhaps I over-reacted to your comment. I am, after all, a [formerly] red-haired totally-mad mostly-Irishman with an appalling record of violence in certain directions.

Be aware that over here in gun-strangled UK there are prolly a good few 'fast-draw' clubs where law-abiding loonies people dress up in cowboy duds and burst bloons. All without special branch breathing down their neck, too.

http://www.wimp.com/fastestgunman/

Here it is again.

...and for Mrs Doyle, 'don't be lookin', now.'

tac

Good to see the video back up. Some light entertainment.

Anyone who cannot see it as such needs a big glass of cop on juice or Prozac.

• Advertisement

Yes I have and I mentioned it a few posts ago,Yourself, Ezridax nor I can hardly be affected by a gunslinging video on a site considering its not even practiced here!!

Really dont see the big deal of it all but sure there ye go

As i said, it was my opinion, which nobody listens to anyway, I have raised issues (i felt were issues) with several threads or statements in recent times, yet they still remain.

I know of people who as of this week had a few issues regarding something mentioned online.

my opinion is that the video was wrong, the majority said it was ok to be shown. majority rules.

I just hope as JG has posted does not happen here, and the PTB are the "admins", and not us or mods.
    At the end of the day, submitting a letter from a mod when applying for a pistol licence does not cut any mustard (no offence guys) So I am "in my opinion" more concerned what the PTB would think of the thread.

I'd rather be paranoid and wrong, than not be aware and proved wrong

Advertisement