Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone going for a theme this Christmas?

• 02-10-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

This is my first Christmas where I'm buying a tree and decorations and I've always wanted a white tree so I'm going for a Winter Wonderland theme!
    I will be making most of the decorations myself - lots of painted branches and snowflakes.

Does anybody go for a theme? Or do you just decorate with what you got?
    I'm not planning on spending much. Buying cheap materials in the euro shops and transforming lots of rubbish into something nice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Something tells me most people will be rocking a Paupers Paradise theme this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Roro4Brit wrote: »
    Something tells me most people will be rocking a Paupers Paradise theme this year.

I can see many 'old' decorations being recycled and and kids being asked to make some decorations with crepe paper and toilet roll inserts!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

How about a Nightmare before xmas theme? best ever! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    How about a Nightmare before xmas theme? best ever! :D

As in the Lenihan Budget......:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

deelite wrote: »
    As in the Lenihan Budget......:D

+1 dreadin it hubbie a "public skivvie eh I mean service worker" and I'm a force-made redundant bum!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Last year I had a 'blue theme' (ie. blue lights ans silver decorations!) and may stick with that this year, a blue Christmas is indeed fitting considering all the goings on! :(

(PS- Eeeeeeeeek, Christmas is coming!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

Posy wrote: »
    Last year I had a 'blue theme' (ie. blue lights ans silver decorations!) and may stick with that this year, a blue Christmas is indeed fitting considering all the goings on! :(

I like the idea of a blue theme. It must have looked lovely.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well thanks to the recession most of us will prob have an imaginary Christmas, is imaginary a theme? :confused:

Advertisement