Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 Tethering with Froyo

• 02-10-2010 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Just off the phone with o2 customer "care" and they want me to pay an additional 13e a month to use the tethering feature on Froyo on top of the 2GB that I rarely use.

I then asked the customer care agent how I can get out of my contract such as when they change terms and conditions on the contract and she said that everytime they do this the national media is notified. I replied "Why can't you just text all your customers?" and she said "We have over two million, it's a huge technical operation to do that." I find this very hard to believe given they are well able to text promotions etc. They are obviously afraid of a mass exodus.

- Does anybody have any further ways or methods of getting out of my contract as I believe other networks allow free tethering?

- Has anyone used tethering on Froyo with o2 and if so how much were you charged?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Tethering would be out of bundle so don't even attempt it on o2 or you'll get what's know as bill shock.

You can buy your way out of the contract, so if you in a 12mt contract and your half way through it you just pay for the remaining 6mts and your free to go.

I'm on 3 and tethering is included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Do you know what price plan you are on? The tethering APN should be included as part of the data allowance in the newer advance plans. Send me your number by PM and I can confirm for you.

There is no secret that we are afraid of you finding out :) the agent you were speaking to may not have been fully up to speed on what is included and what isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 zeldo

I thought tethering with android incurred no extra charge? I thought it was an apple feature where a different apn was used for tethering, allowing the operator to identify and charge for tethering data. Am I wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

zeldo wrote: »
    I thought tethering with android incurred no extra charge? I thought it was an apple feature where a different apn was used for tethering, allowing the operator to identify and charge for tethering data. Am I wrong?

100% wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

gpf101 wrote: »
    100% wrong.

you sure about that? I have it in writing (well 1's and 0's anyway) that Android tethered data is just like normal data.

And I've never had any issues with it being charged otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 zeldo

gpf101 wrote: »
    100% wrong.

I know with meteor I have 2 apn's, mms and internet. I'm not charged extra for tethering. Have o2 added a tethering apn? The dirty feckers. Why not just delete it from your phone, and use the standard apn? Have they disabled wifi hotspot? They can't charge for that. Paying for tethering is ok for iphone users, we can't be dealing with it on android.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Like I said as long as you are on the correct price plan you will not be charged for tethering. If you want me to dispell any doubt shoot me a PM.

Advertisement