Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland v Manchester United Match Thread

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Think people are overreacting a bit here . .

Only 7 games into the season and if you take injuries , fixtures (in comparison to chelskis), players coming back from injury and new players trying to bed into the team, I dont think we have done to bad. .

As fergie says, the first part of the season is staying within touching distance of the leaders by christmas and to hit form after chrimbo. The teams that win the league and CL hit form in the 2nd part of the season. If he doesnt get the rest of his squad fit and give the likes of Macheda, Bebe and Hernandez a chance, come turn of Christmas our first team would be jaded and we would have no matchfit/matchconfident replacements.

Im as disillusioned with the recent performances but had we Rio at teh start of the season I would be confident that we wouldnt of dropped points against Fulham or Everton. Im not as pessimistic as some of you, I just think we need a bit of luck with injuries and a confident win to lift the team. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

nullzero wrote: »
    I think Nani needs a few weeks of like Rooney to get his head right.

He needs more than a week off to get his head right,he needs a new head ,a new brain,a football brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

PHB wrote: »
    Unless something magical happens, United are heading for a clear 2nd place.

City win tomorrow and 3rd is yours for a couple of weeks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Cry me a ****ing river.
    Your the boy who appears to be crying a Goddamn ocean at the moment, grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Drumpot wrote: »
    Think people are overreacting a bit here . .

Only 7 games into the season and if you take injuries , fixtures (in comparison to chelskis), players coming back from injury and new players trying to bed into the team, I dont think we have done to bad. .

As fergie says, the first part of the season is staying within touching distance of the leaders by christmas. If he doesnt get the rest of his squad fit and give the likes of Macheda, Bebe and Hernandez a chance, come turn of Christmas our first team would be jaded and we would have no matchfit/matchconfident replacements.

Im as disillusioned with the recent performances but had we Rio at teh start of the season I would be confident that we wouldnt of dropped points against Fulham or Everton. Im not as pessimistic as some of you, I just think we need a bit of luck with injuries and a confident win to lift the team. .

Things could be worse, just look where Liverpool are in the table this evening.
    However we were unlucky with injuries last season and we were at least attepting to perform properly.
    In fact i can't remeber a recent season when United haven't had a whole raft of injuries and that includes the three in a row of title seasons.

With a bit of good fortune we can push on, but we need to work on simple things like holding possession and set piece delivery (here I go again).
    We have the abiltity to be doing better and thats why its so frustrating to be just about drawing with Sunderland.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

p.s. Owen please f-off, you're just shít.

Why are people having a go at the likes of Owen, Evra, Carrick, Nani, even Berbatov over the past few weeks.

All have had their bad points over the season and season before but......

One player I never want to see play again for United is Anderson. People picking him in the top 3 for man of the match in Valencia? Give me a fu'cking break.

I don't care if he's just back from injury. I really dont. He's below average and doesnt want to be at United. Theres someone that can fu'ck off.

5 man midfield in the first have and the amount of gaps Malbronque and Zenden found in front of our back 4 was unbelievable.

At least Vidic and Rio are in good form. Theres a player back from injury and nearly 10 years Andersons senior, wealthier and older yet you dont see the lackluster bullshiit from that long haired muppet in midfield.

Gibson, Carrick, Owen Hargreaves with half a leg I dont care...just dont let Anderson near that team. He offers nothing. Gives the ball away, terrible first touch, never gets in the box, cant dribble, shooting is awful....he can hold up the ball but whats the point if you give it away? His crossing was even poor today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Cry me a ****ing river.

Would you ever grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Watching United play over the last few years has become comparable to watching paint dry.
    Where is the high tempo,fluid ,attacking ,attractive football that Ferguson used to adopt ?
    Replaced with stale ,slow and pedestrian play and very negative tactics in away matches.
    1 shot on target today sums it all up.Stoke City would muster more than that.:mad:

You have seen the state of the clubs finances? Manchester United used to be able to compete with any club in the World for top players now they are reduced to signing homeless guy's, unknowns from Mexico and burnt out journeymen pro's like Owen to compete. For all Ferguson's brillance as a manager the signs are starting to show through with the lack of investment in talent and that's something Ferguson can't do anything about. Sad state of affairs for a great club to be in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Xavi6 wrote: »
    City win tomorrow and 3rd is yours for a couple of weeks ;)

Or Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Mister men wrote: »
    You have seen the state of the clubs finances? Manchester United used to be able to compete with any club in the World for top players now they are reduced to signing homeless guy's, unknowns from Mexico and burnt out journeymen pro's like Owen to compete. For all Ferguson's brillance as a manager the signs are starting to show through with the lack of investment in talent and that's something Ferguson can't do anything about. Sad state of affairs for a great club to be in.

Eamo? Is that you?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Was at the game today, just on the way home now.
    Knew Sunderland could do a job on United today, so was dissapointed when Bent was played up front on his own.
    Can't fault the effort from Sunderland, the effort and energy put into closing United down was unreal.
    Had to laugh at Nani going down that time in the first half after a failed foul by himself.
    I don't remember United testing Mignolet in the first half, they had a few chances to nick it 2nd half but they barely deserved a point from this game.
    Bruce left it far too late to make changes, 10mins is just not enough.
    Enjoyed the match, atmosphere was great, Sunderland fans seem happy with the point anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

shocked.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

PHB has a fair point about owen being just sh1t tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Jazzy wrote: »

Well yeah, that would be true if it were true, but it's not true, and things that are not true are false. So it's false, and he doesn't have a point.

a 1-0 win for Sunderland would have been a fair result, regardless of how well Uniteds back 4 played

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote: »
    Well yeah, that would be true if it were true, but it's not true, and things that are not true are false. So it's false, and he doesn't have a point.

He hasnt set the world alight either, though he hasnt got much gameplay either. Least he tries unlike a certain long haired midfielder from Brazil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Jazzy wrote: »

Hadn't Owen struck a nice little bit of form coming into to this game?

tongue twister !

have you seen him play in the last 2 years? hes so far off the pace he might as well be playing cricket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Hadn't Owen struck a nice little bit of form coming into to this game?

3 goals in the 2 games he played before today, one of which was an equaliser as a sub against Bolton which saved United's hide.

It seems there's an overflow of negative, knee-jerk comments about Fergie's selection. Berbatov though was poor against Bolton so I've no qualms with him being rested at the start (hurt my FF team though).

Before this it was keeping clean sheets that was United's problem, not scoring goals. Today it was a role reversal. However if the team can get the balance right on both fronts United will be on Chelsea's tail. Or we could go back to conceding goals and keep failing to find the net. Hmm...bring on the international break...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

It's a good job united didn't lose or some posters round here would be topping theirselves:rolleyes: Another nervy and hesitant performance today. Fair play to sunderland, they played very well.

United are puttering along without setting high standards but we're still in chelsea's slipstream. Reading some posts i'd think we needed a miracle to catch them. The list of players underperforming so far is staggering - rooney, evra, fletcher and evans. I'd even say only vidic, berbatov, scholes and possibly nani are firing. :mad:

Improvements will come as the season goes on and i'm confident that this year united will be in the shake up for all the trophies available:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Just waking up after a nap following work... I cannot fúcking believe it!!! I meant to watch this game, but obv forgot and fell asleep. I expected United to hop off Sunderland... wow....:confused::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

DazMarz wrote: »
    Just waking up after a nap following work... I cannot fúcking believe it!!! I meant to watch this game, but obv forgot and fell asleep. I expected United to hop off Sunderland... wow....:confused::eek:

In fairness Daz it's not the easiest of places to go to. Any Steve Bruce team at the Stadium of Light will be hard to beat for the "big hitting" teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Will post up the man of the match form tomorrow, only on the phone and can't access the form/spreadsheet with my phone.... stupid Google docs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just at 3 o clock the TV in the pub wouldn't work so we were left sitting for 10 mins wondering what was happening as they tried to fix it. They managed to get it going on the smaller TV and we were surprised to see it hadn't kicked off yet!

I kind of wish it had coz that was a crap game to watch.

o shea had a good game i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I think Fergie underestimated Sunderland today. I thought he's 442 with Anderson playin inverted to smother the midfield failed. There was just too many players in such a confined space and anytime Owe or Macheda got the ball they wer ecrowded out as we coudlnt get any support to them quick enough.

O shea played good but he never offered anythign going forward and there was loads of space out there with Ando cutting inside to shut down the midfield he could have capitalised more on that.

Not overly impressed but its an away clean sheet, albeit with alot of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Advertisement