Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHAINTECH ZNF3 250 bios won't see hard drive

Options
  • 02-10-2010 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I want to get an OS up on this. The Post runs showing just the DVD drive. Then some kind of raid post shows the Samsung 80 gig. UBCD sees the drive when i FDISK. I was able then to delete the non-dos (NTFS) and make a dos partition to see if that would make a difference. Still the same. Boot off the XP cd and it fails becuase it doesn't see the hard drive.

Having a bit of trouble getting drivers for this. I don't have much time to spend at it so maybe someone might be able to point me to a manual to disable the whole raid thing or parhaps even a raid driver that i can load up at xp install.

Thanks......

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hi guys,

I want to get an OS up on this. The Post runs showing just the DVD drive. Then some kind of raid post shows the Samsung 80 gig. UBCD sees the drive when i FDISK. I was able then to delete the non-dos (NTFS) and make a dos partition to see if that would make a difference. Still the same. Boot off the XP cd and it fails becuase it doesn't see the hard drive.

Having a bit of trouble getting drivers for this. I don't have much time to spend at it so maybe someone might be able to point me to a manual to disable the whole raid thing or parhaps even a raid driver that i can load up at xp install.

Thanks......

That's an old board, so my memory is probably dodgy, but you may be able to either switch the controller mode to plain IDE, or move the drive to the onboard controller rather than the extra RAID controller that series of boards tended to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

That answer sounds good. It reminds me of an old board that i used to have that had seperate ide slots for the raid - wasn't as swanky as the chaintech with its gold plated serial and usb ports! Anyway, looking down on the board there are for SATA ports: 0-3. I can't see any other SATA unless they are buiried under the CD or power supply. Desktop case it is. There are plenty of IDE slots. I am not too sure what i have in terms of IDE drives, if i have any at all. There is an 80 gig sata in there. I wouldnt mind using that. Looking at specs that i got here http://www.motherboard.cz/mb/chaintech/ZNF3-250.htm

I don't think there are any more SATA slots on the board. Maybe there is a jumper setting to turn them off RAID

Advertisement