Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody used "Global Visas" to secure a visa for Canada?

• 02-10-2010 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Im new to this process and wa hunting around/researching for getting a vis for myself/wife and family - I have a degree and have been working for 12 years until I was made redunant in 2008. Now thinking of moving abroad after seeing the cost of this bailout - thinking of a future for my kids and so forth etc. etc.

Found "Global Visas.com" and applied - ~€2k to get a visa through them! Does not include government charges or travel ! So it sounds like it is very expensive !!! Thought the woman I was dealing with was a bit pushy as well to get a credit card rather let me mull things over....

Anybody else have experience of doing this already that would like to share or point me in right direction - links and so forth?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭colin29

No company can garrauntee you a visa, if you want to move to Canada long term then look here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp
    To get premanent residency visas for you and your family it will cost more than E2000 and can take some time.
    Also look at British Expats, this website helped me when I was moving here. http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56

All the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

lots of bad feedback about them on the net. Bit of a scam I think, you might get a visa through them eventually, but I'd avoid if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sinker06

Hi,
    So i paid this company 700 euro and have had little contact from them since, im seriously starting to think they are a scam after seeing various internet posts warning about them.
    Can anybody advise me who to contact about my rights and how to go about getting a refund?
    Im desperate, spent all my savings and now it doesnt even look like i will get a visa.
    Any help would be seriously appreciated.
    Thanks.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mf16

Jeez, this is just typical these days on the internet - plenty of people scamming....

I have not used these people..

I hope you get your money back....

Could you used your Credit Card receipt and get it back through the bank etc.? I dont know just a suggestion

All the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

sinker06 wrote: »
    So i paid this company 700 euro and have had little contact from them since
    If you buy something with your credit card, but do not receive the product that you bought, please get do a charge-back.

BOI form; https://www.bankofireland.com/fs/doc/wysiwyg/18-594r-boi-credit-card-transaction-dispute-form-18052012-v2-2.pdf

• Advertisement
Advertisement