Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini-Company

Options
  • 02-10-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I need your help guys

For my Mini-Company, three of my friends and I are producing a cookbook. It's a collection of recipes from teachers and students and restaurants around the town. I also got two recipes from Darina Allen and Catherine Fulvio is getting back to be with a recipe. We also got the local bookshop to sell our book in return that they are advertised on the back of the book.
    How many pages do you think we should have?
    We know it's going to be costly but as the owner of the bookshop said "Once it gets legs it's going to start running".
    Any suggestions on how we can make this work?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Luftwaffles

I'd say the number of pages depends on how many nice recipes you have. Just because you have lots of recipes, doesn't mean you should put them all in. Try and get a normal paperback for cheap, and make sure you plan out a nice design, especially for the cover.
    That's all I got, hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tiernanmul_gos

Look at other cook books and make yours different somehow.it wont sell much if its the same as many other cook books out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

1. Do a video of each recipe and put it on youtube/school website/cd with book!!

2. recipes with mention of local produce (advertising revenue)!

3. Approach big stores and offer recepies with all ingredients from their stores dunnes....tescos...spar..(you may need to get consent from Darina Allen or whoever before they agree to be involved with this!!)! play them off each other if they're not interested.."were approaching supermarkets and would like to offer exclusivity..we have a publisher/book shop organised and the involvement of Darina Allen, Catherine Fulvio etc..."

4. Recipes based on stuff that can be reheated 'the next day' !

5. Recepies based on each subject you study ..

PE - High carb,energy food
    English - any food mentioned in shakespere/poetry!
    Languages - food from different countries
    Science - Check out heston Blumenthal
    Business - Budget food -High cost food
    Religion - cold tea no milk dry toast,, your teachers 'last supper'
    Maths - Something with numbers in it,,pi buns
    Music - Hmmm

6. Recepies that encapsulate your teachers personalities!!!

7. Recepies that encapsulate each years needs/age profile
    Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tubs12

Hi guys

I was looking for a bit if advice.I have been lumped with producing a student cook book with 6th class.Its a fantastic idea and we have up to 60 recipes collected.Now i am kind of stumped.Has anyone any experience with producing a cookbook or similar?Would you recommend any advice or printing companies that you have dealt with?I would be hoping it would be preferably based in the Munster area.

Advertisement