Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap laptop good value.

Options
  • 02-10-2010 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

hi guys lookin for cheap laptop that is good value around 400 wi-fi numeric keypad.
    Thanks scar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭d.lally2

currys/ pcw have a toshiba for 400 at the moment, think its single core amd processor with 1gb of ram which will be painfully slow!! i recommend you pay a little more if possible. theres also an acer for 500 with a dual core pentium processor with 3gb of ram, thats what id buy with my money! get the norton for half price at 45 too, its a 3 user licence!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭scar 101

thanks man might get that ill have a look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Hi op check out saveonlaptops.co.uk we are currently looking at getting a toshiba with amd processor, 2gram, free anti virus [not a great anti virus] approx 410 euro delivered. Looks ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭nudist

You might also want to replace the windows os on your machine with a linux distro like ubuntu-way more secure than windows and free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

d.lally2 wrote: »
    currys/ pcw have a toshiba for 400 at the moment, think its single core amd processor with 1gb of ram which will be painfully slow!! i recommend you pay a little more if possible. theres also an acer for 500 with a dual core pentium processor with 3gb of ram, thats what id buy with my money! get the norton for half price at 45 too, its a 3 user licence!

Don't, there are much better free antiviruses that won't slow down Your system
    http://www.avast.com/en-eu/index

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Gotta get the full version of any anti-virus for it to completely protect you. BullGuard FTW!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭nudist

Or better yet get a operating system that immune to windows based viruses like Ubuntu.

Advertisement