Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wet but happy!

• 02-10-2010 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭

Not long in post Sat morning Club Spin, aimed towards just keeping the newer members (includes me, got my first road bike in June) on board over the winter. 10 of us out, did 55k on rolling ("middling-bad", as I've heard them described) rural roads in just under 2hrs.

Missed the real downpours but plenty of water spraying up (hardly needed to use my water bottle at all ;) !!), was filthy by the time I got home......

[was lucky to actually make it home, almost collided with weirdo motorist coming wrong way up one-way system close to my house; am over that now.... had a little "vent" at him.....]

.......and my bike was almost to dirty to rehome in the kitchen, she's nice'n'clean again now though.

I've had a shower, and am now drinking very good coffee and eating home made apple tart. In my PJs.

So this is my inaugural post here, I might never have been prompted to do anything other than lurk, but after a ****ty week I now have a big smile on my face, how good does it feel, I just love to cycle.

That's it.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Welcome - no excuses not to post more now - no more lurking;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Well done Sr. your a brave soul taking up club cycling in Oct but if you keep it up over the winter you'll be a speed demon by spring. Welcome to the board too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Not long in post Sat morning Club Spin, aimed towards just keeping the newer members (includes me, got my first road bike in June) on board over the winter. 10 of us out, did 55k on rolling ("middling-bad", as I've heard them described) rural roads in just under 2hrs.

Missed the real downpours but plenty of water spraying up (hardly needed to use my water bottle at all ;) !!), was filthy by the time I got home......

[was lucky to actually make it home, almost collided with weirdo motorist coming wrong way up one-way system close to my house; am over that now.... had a little "vent" at him.....]

.......and my bike was almost to dirty to rehome in the kitchen, she's nice'n'clean again now though.

I've had a shower, and am now drinking very good coffee and eating home made apple tart. In my PJs.

So this is my inaugural post here, I might never have been prompted to do anything other than lurk, but after a ****ty week I now have a big smile on my face, how good does it feel, I just love to cycle.

That's it.

;)

Good first post, welcome on board
    Ain't biking good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Thanks lots for positive feedback, aren't you all very nice (in a good way), the Chess Forum aren't half as civilised.......... :rolleyes:.

(Have bigger smile now!!!)

You play chess.... you cant play cycling:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You play chess.... you cant play cycling:cool:
    Never realised there was one. Just been over there, and can understand how the OP decided to brave posting here ahead of that place.

I was particularly shocked to see a couple of cycling regulars also posting over there:eek:

Physically fit, mentally able.

Cycling and chess aren't that different................... its all about the moves boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

There is something about a nun on a bike...........

Welcome, hope you brought your handbag and credit card.

nuns on bikes
    A code phrase for when your thong is wedged so far up your ass at an extremely inconvenient time that you feel an overwhelming compulsion to yell "nuns on bikes!!!" at the top of your lungs to exert your frustration of not being able to fix this unpleasant situation immediately.
    While sitting in church, I leaned over and whispered "nuns on bikes" to my sister with a pained expression on my face because I felt the need to describe my predicament in a succinct manner to relieve my stress before i yelled an obscenity during the sermon.

This is all got..... I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

This is all got..... I'll get my coat.

Jaysus (oops) dont go tell us more.

• Advertisement

Interesting path this (initially) inoffensive little thread has been taken down.................

One more diversion along it's current chinese-whisper like route and we'll be into "nuns on d*kes" and that's a whole new forum!!!

(apologies in advance)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

One more diversion along it's current chinese-whisper like route and we'll be into "nuns on d*kes" and that's a whole new forum!!!
    well I believe you have just started the new direction of this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Just don't make a habit of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭CarlosK

They might seem nice at the outset, but in reality, they're all just savages in here.. (apart from me of course) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Talking of nuns on bikes, there's one that passes me on Baggot St every morning as I walk to work.

She's got decent form considering she looks to be into her sixties/seventies, quite impressive acceleration from the lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭markcroninbsc

oh look! i never knew there was a delete post option for us people that cant read :D cool!

Lumen wrote: »
    Talking of nuns on bikes, there's one that passes me on Baggot St every morning as I walk to work.

She's got decent form considering she looks to be into her sixties/seventies, quite impressive acceleration from the lights.

Ah Yes, that would be Sr. Armstrong, the spinning nun, actually young man, she isn't as old as she looks, too much Communion (dr*gs) eventually takes a toll........

Lumen wrote: »
    as I walk to work

wtf?? Say it aint so!

wtf?? Say it aint so!
    He had to sell all the bikes when he retired from modding - couldn't afford their upkeep any more.

Advertisement