Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are EU students(IB) assesed for Medicine entry?

Options
  • 02-10-2010 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Are EU students graduating with the International Baccalaureate in the same quota as Leaving Certificate students or are they assesed independently?

What grades do you need and whats the conversion rate?

Thanks.^^

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

The are in the same quota as the Leaving Certs but I'm not sure how they are assessed. Any european I knew who studied in Ireland was non-EU (Norway, Cyprus).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Themanbear

The are in the same quota as the Leaving Certs but I'm not sure how they are assessed. Any european I knew who studied in Ireland was non-EU (Norway, Cyprus).

But id assume its harder to convert IB grades maybe meaning they have a quota for IB students like maybe 5 or so(5 highest IB applicants)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Themanbear wrote: »
    But id assume its harder to convert IB grades maybe meaning they have a quota for IB students like maybe 5 or so(5 highest IB applicants)?
    I know people who are in medicine after doing the IB but its a small number...the unis probably have a quota. I know there are some Malaysian students who did it, and they had to have an interview with the Dean of Medicine and other members of the school before coming over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I know people who are in medicine after doing the IB but its a small number...the unis probably have a quota. I know there are some Malaysian students who did it, and they had to have an interview with the Dean of Medicine and other members of the school before coming over here.

But these students would also be outside the cap on EU students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Themanbear

Thanks for all the replies, ill look into it some more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

EU students also have to take the HPAT.

Advertisement