Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashtanga Yoga Galway

Options
  • 02-10-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey,

I have recently moved to Galway and am looking for good yoga classes to attend at evenings or weekends. Preferably more strenuous yoga such as Ashtanga or Hot Yoga. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

CocoLily wrote: »
    Hey,

I have recently moved to Galway and am looking for good yoga classes to attend at evenings or weekends. Preferably more strenuous yoga such as Ashtanga or Hot Yoga. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

i doubt theres anything more strenuous than bikram so if its
    a workout youre looking for then look no further than hotyoga
    which means the room it heated to 105 degrees fahrenheit unlike
    some of these others types where the room is just warm.
    been doing it myself for a few years

Where are the different yoga schools? Hot yoga seems to be mostly for people to lose weight (perhaps not entirely true) but this is something I really don't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Where are the different yoga schools? Hot yoga seems to be mostly for people to lose weight (perhaps not entirely true) but this is something I really don't need.
    Hot yoga is also supposed to be good for detoxing. A lot of people like it because it's a more energetic an physical workout than the more gentler forms of yoga. I'd be sceptical about it having any greater impact on weight loss than any other form of yoga tbh.

I'd try ashtanga if you'd like a more physical form of yoga without doing hot yoga.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭lizgal

does anyone know of any classes in spiddal or inverin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EORGalway

CocoLily wrote: »
    Hey,

Hi - new to boards and saw your post. Hopefully you have found the yoga place for you, lots of choice in Galway. I teach Ashtanga yoga in An Seomra Yoga, Sea Road. Have a look at the Galway Yoga facebook page for details. All the best, E

• Advertisement
Advertisement