Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

non believer - now a believer

Options
  • 02-10-2010 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

I was always very skeptical about ghosts etc but not anymore. There has been strange things happening in a friends house that is being rented. There is supposedly a baby buired in the garden from years ago. But anyway the friend has always heard strange noise and the other night he found a teddy after being hanged around the shower cord. None of them did it - they swore on family members lives etc. They took the teddy down and the next day it was back sitting in the shower base. He didnt stay there that night! Someone get a priest in - I duno. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this happening before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

Someone is acting the maggot!

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Someone is acting the maggot!
    +1. Sounds like someone heard about the supposed grave in the garden and is having a laugh trying to freak other people out. Just because someone says they didn't tie a teddy to the shower cord doesn't mean that they didn't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

kylith wrote: »
    +1. Sounds like someone heard about the supposed grave in the garden and is having a laugh trying to freak other people out. Just because someone says they didn't tie a teddy to the shower cord doesn't mean that they didn't do it.

Well I know if someone says they didnt do it doesnt mean they didnt do it! But to repeatedly swear on family members lives and their own children that they didnt do it make me belive them. And to tell other people ablut the story in the bar is taking things a bit too far if they are 'only having a laugh'.

Some people will swear on anything. You're being had!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Agreed with the above. Man it didn't take much to convert you into a believer!

• Advertisement

I think its preyty horrible how the world has gone when someone swears on their own childrens lives and yet people still dont believe them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    I think its preyty horrible how the world has gone when someone swears on their own childrens lives and yet people still dont believe them.

Well if someone with a history of children buried in their back garden started sweariong on their babies lives, i don't think i would be so quick to believe everything they swear on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I think it's pretty irritating how the world is so superstitious as to think that whether or not someone 'swears on a life' actually makes a difference to that life...

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Well if someone with a history of children buried in their back garden started sweariong on their babies lives, i don't think i would be so quick to believe everything they swear on!

Why are you even commenting in this forum if you are so quick to dismiss my post!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

This is bull****. Seriously - do you REALLY believe that the spirit of a dead baby took a physical object and moved it in to the bathroom and proceeded to tie it to the shower cord?

I'm open minded but you need to get a grip OP.

• Advertisement

Why the F**K are all these people commenting in a paranormal forum when they only believe what they think is possible. Thats total Bull.

Why the F**K are all these people commenting in a paranormal forum when they only believe what they think is possible. Thats total Bull.

Well, this is a discussion forum. We are discussing your original post.

I swear on my son's life!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Oh, we're sorry OP,

Yeah that's really spooky, the only reasonable explanation is that the legend of the buried baby is true, and that baby's ghost is haunting the house you are in and that the ghost had a few quid to spare and was bored so went down to the shops to buy a teddy bear and hung it off the shower lead, which I'm sure is how the baby died, (you know how clumsy babies are when having showers) to scare you for no decipherable reason whatsoever.

Logically speaking.

Is that better OP?

Oh, we're sorry OP,

Yeah that's really spooky, the only reasonable explanation is that the legend of the buried baby is true, and that baby's ghost is haunting the house you are in and that the ghost had a few quid to spare and was bored so went down to the shops to buy a teddy bear and hung it off the shower lead, which I'm sure is how the baby died, (you know how clumsy babies are when having showers) to scare you for no decipherable reason whatsoever.

Logically speaking.

Is that better OP?

As spooky as this sounds, i think i'd be much more scared if a living baby was able to do all the things you mentioned in your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Which do you think is more likely:

1. All known natural laws are violated for the purpose of tying a teddy bear to something, instead of communicating, appearing, or anything that would be difficult to fake.
    2. Someone told a porky.

Seriously, come on. If you really find it harder to believe that someone would lie to you than that poltergeists exist but appear only when there are no witnesses, you need to spend more time considering the probabilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

Well I know if someone says they didnt do it doesnt mean they didnt do it! But to repeatedly swear on family members lives and their own children that they didnt do it make me belive them. And to tell other people ablut the story in the bar is taking things a bit too far if they are 'only having a laugh'.

I'd swear on my families life, because I don't believe in magic mumbo jumbo, I know they will be fine.

I swear on my Fathers eternal soul that I have the only working prototype real optimus prime robot.

I'd swear on my families life, because I don't believe in magic mumbo jumbo, I know they will be fine.

I swear on my Fathers eternal soul that I have the only working prototype real optimus prime robot.

Er..... i believe mine is the only one, so i KNOW you're lying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

bet they vote fianna fail too.....ireland is full of clowns like these anyway , dont pay any attention to these people...

the renters of the house are obviously not students as students don't go near showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

ah now - just because its a paranormal forum, doesnt mean you have to leave common sense at the door.

Lets get this straight - someone finds a teddy bear hanging in the shower, everyone swears they didnt do it and therefore that means the place is haunted? Really, say that out loud a few times and think about it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Enter Username

Jeezuz H... can everyone relax with the heavy replies to the OP... I'm sure he/she has read all the replies and most probably has changed their opinion about the whole thing.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Either post a sensible, polite reply to the op, or dont post at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Because they are of course correct :eek: Not really. Sorry for people getting so, well not coming across as too friendly or helpfull some just get to wound up about this stuff..

Im sure what they ment to say is why dont your friends try and get some proof perhaps. Even for their own sakes to stop the uhh I wonder if one of us is not telling the truth and setting this whole thing up. Get one of them who is trustworthy and rig up a camera to see if it spots anything...I would not be too worried if nothing shows up, probably is someone just playing a nasty prank. With the whole babys body being buried there are a lot of places like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Milly33 wrote: »
    [...] Im sure what they meant to say is why dont your friends try and get some proof perhaps. Even for their own sakes to stop the uhh I wonder if one of us is not telling the truth and setting this whole thing up. Get one of them who is trustworthy and rig up a camera to see if it spots anything...I would not be too worried if nothing shows up, probably is someone just playing a nasty prank. With the whole babys body being buried there are a lot of places like this...

Agreed. Let all of you arrange to put a camcorder in one of the house's rooms for, say, three consecutive nights, along with an audio recorder (e.g. a dictaphone) and draw your conclusions from what does or does not show up on both devices.

A poster above mentioned the redundancy of this whole "I swear on my father's/mother's/family's souls/lives", etc, statement nowadays. That "I swear on..." thing means nothing. They're only empty words, and it's futile to swear on other people's lives or souls to 'corroborate' a story anyway because swearing on something or someone doesn't have any impact on anything. It's b.s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I was always very skeptical about ghosts etc but not anymore. There is strange things happening in a friend's house that's being rented.

I'm surprised that you have been 'converted' from being a non-believer to a believer simply as a result of a second-hand story, and not as a result of personal first-hand experience. I'm not being smart, and I'm not disparaging you either, but it just surprises me. I fall into the 'believers' camp, but that was only after seeing some things (a spirit of a relative and another 'thing' I can't quite categorise) and after having a strange experience that I couldn't explain when I was 16. That's where I'm coming from, and most other 'believers' I know have come via a similar 'route'.
    There is supposedly a baby buried in the garden from years ago.

Is this a baby connected to the current family occupying the house, or supposedly a baby having been connected to previous occupants of the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thank you MrMojoRisin I hope this poor chap/lassie hasnt been to put off by the rest of the members replies..See you can say things nicely:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

How can there "supposedly" be a baby buried in the garden?! Surely someone would have reported that to the guards by now instead of sitting round talking about it...

How can there "supposedly" be a baby buried in the garden?! Surely someone would have reported that to the guards by now instead of sitting round talking about it...

They dug the garden up but didnt find it.

it was too busy in the jacks hanging up a teddy from a noose!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

any sign of the OP? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Max Hunter

How would a baby know how to hang a teddy? Dead or alive!

Advertisement