Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

non believer - now a believer

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

leddpipe wrote: »
    any sign of the OP? :D
    You won't be hearing from him again.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIp41IovytgZu_2UcI3rpoJeU_p8TVG1k-3wAQTsY2g9ykH5Q&t=1&h=185&w=150&usg=__dO2hB4VBOPyHmGCUbOyp5JOKlL0=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

[...]Is this a baby connected to the current family occupying the house, or supposedly a baby having been connected to previous occupants of the house?
    How can there "supposedly" be a baby buried in the garden?!

Can you READ?
    [...]
    Surely someone would have reported that to the guards by now instead of sitting round talking about it...

Well, there was the horrific case of that poor woman Cynthia Owen in Dundalk, whose stillborn baby had been buried in the family's back garden for years and all of the family had knowledge of this but did nothing.

Sometimes the authorities are aware of insidious goings-on, but neglect to take action (see Baby P case). Round and round it goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

Im not sure why people find my story so unbelievable. Is everyone here Athiests? Is the 'story' of Jesus much more different to mine?? But that topic could go on forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Max Hunter

Because it's daft! A hanging teddy!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    Im not sure why people find my story so unbelievable. Is everyone here Athiests? Is the 'story' of Jesus much more different to mine?? But that topic could go on forever!

I am now certain the OP was taking the p1ss. this thread is three pages too long

• Advertisement

I wasn't taking the p1ss. A hanging teddy is no more daft than the other stories here!!! But yeah 3 pages is too long - Thanks all for commenting :)

So you are serious? Honestly, as I said before, lets think about this.

Which is more logical - A) someone hanging a teddy in the bathroom to frighten people, or B) the ghost of a baby from the back garden?

personally, I'd go for A unless I had a bit more information to say B was a runner.

maccored wrote: »

Which is more logical - A) someone hanging a teddy in the bathroom to frighten people, or B) the ghost of a baby from the back garden?

personally, I'd go for A unless I had a bit more information to say B was a runner.

well i feel its not impossible for it to happen.

well i feel its not impossible for it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

It's probably that Spanish lodger that you complain about. You know - the one with poor hygiene standards.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Advertisement

and how do you back that up? Is there anything to say it *is* possible? (in this instance)?

Everyone has the right to believe what they wish, mind you, but most people usually like to have honest to goodness reasons - especially when it logically looks like someone is winding you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I once hung my sisters teddy bear and left a note, obviously this the same situation.

and how do you back that up? Is there anything to say it *is* possible? (in this instance)?

Everyone has the right to believe what they wish, mind you, but most people usually like to have honest to goodness reasons - especially when it logically looks like someone is winding you up.

Everything that happens in the world does not need to have a logical explanation.

OK. Im taking it you just want to believe it was a ghost. Fair enough.

Everything that happens in the world does not need to have a logical explanation.

How do you know?

How do you know?

oh go ask a priest or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Max Hunter

Maybe it was just a cry for help from the teddy???

Are you cuddling something new? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Hahaha, brilliant!

Game Set and Match everyone.

the zombie teddy bear - in a bible near you

oh go ask a priest or something.

Why? Will he have all the answers? If that is the case then do you not feel that you should be talking to one yourself? Why bother with us?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Enter Username

The ma would kill me if I didnt edit it

Why? Will he have all the answers? If that is the case then do you not feel that you should be talking to one yourself? Why bother with us?

No he wont have all the answers - but he can explain to you that not everything that happens in the world has a logical explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Christ lads, back off a bit.

I'm bored sh!tless with the teddybear jokes now.

I don't think the OP was/is taking the piss with this. Clearly, there is something strongly compelling her to believe the story. That's grand. No harm done to anyone else. Yes, it contravenes all natural scientific laws but at the end of the day, it's only a story that someone shared on here. No sleep will be lost over it.

Christ lads, back off a bit.

I'm bored sh!tless with the teddybear jokes now.

I don't think the OP was/is taking the piss with this. Clearly, there is something strongly compelling her to believe the story. That's grand. No harm done to anyone else. Yes, it contravenes all natural scientific laws but at the end of the day, it's only a story that someone shared on here. No sleep will be lost over it.

thanks - ive noticed alot of people on boards get very touchy and take things really personal. its kinda funny lol!

No he wont have all the answers - but he can explain to you that not everything that happens in the world has a logical explanation.

Many have tried. All have failed.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

No more teddybear joke, p-takes or off topic comments. If you have nothing constructive to say, dont say anything at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

set up a camera in the shower, see if it catches anything interesting,
    i,m serious. ,,
    at night.. or when no one home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I was always very skeptical about ghosts etc but not anymore. There has been strange things happening in a friends house that is being rented. There is supposedly a baby buired in the garden from years ago. But anyway the friend has always heard strange noise and the other night he found a teddy after being hanged around the shower cord. None of them did it - they swore on family members lives etc. They took the teddy down and the next day it was back sitting in the shower base. He didnt stay there that night! Someone get a priest in - I duno. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this happening before?

Quick question, was the teddy bear a modern teddy bear? Like did it have a "made in China" label or a machine washable label, or any other indication that was new or recently bought from a shop?

If so it is rather less plausible that the ghost baby went out and bought a new teddy bear than one of your mates decided to have a laugh.

Wicknight wrote: »
    Quick question, was the teddy bear a modern teddy bear? Like did it have a "made in China" label or a machine washable label, or any other indication that was new or recently bought from a shop?

If so it is rather less plausible that the ghost baby went out and bought a new teddy bear than one of your mates decided to have a laugh.

did i ever say the ghost bought the teddy bear?? oh im kinda getting bored of this now - ive said my bit and thats it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement