Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kendall Mint Cake

• 02-10-2010 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

In the absence of any bars this morning to take on my training spin, I found some [out of date] Kendall Mint Cake, well this is explosive stuff! It literally produced instant energy, which is not surprising as its basically pure sugar. I found it better than the gels and much cheaper too!

Just thought I would mention that....... I'll go now.............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

I used to use Kendel mint cake all the time when out hiking, never thought to use it out on the bike its great stuff, especially the chocolate covered one, tastes just like After Eights!
    I used to be able to get it in Millets camping but they don't sell it anymore, anyone know where to get it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I used to snarf this all the time when I was in the UK where I did a lot of fell walking.

If you see it made, you'll understand why it's pure energy!! Lovely stuff though.

Never thought of using it ont the bike - thought ti would be too brittle.

Did you keep it in your pocket or in a tri-bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Jawgap wrote: »
    I used to snarf this all the time when I was in the UK where I did a lot of fell walking.

If you see it made, you'll understand why it's pure energy!! Lovely stuff though.

Never thought of using it ont the bike - thought ti would be too brittle.

Did you keep it in your pocket or in a tri-bag?

I broke it into bite sized pieces and put it in a small bag in my rear pocket.

This company sells the big bars quite reasonably priced and only a fiver P&P regardless of quantity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

aldi did it not sure if they still have it,you can get hooked on that stuff very easy:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

aldi did it

Indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It's pretty decent alright, but the one drawback it has is that it's extremely sticky if even a little wet.

Advertisement