Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Beer festival from monday

• 02-10-2010 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭

Some pretty decent deals on
    including
    Shepards Neame beers-1.50
    Gafenwalder Hefe weiss-89c
    Franzsikaner-1.49 (probably only hefe)
    Singha 330mls-1.25

there is others but those are the ones I like can't find it on website unfortunately

and if your really feeling classy
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.wfo.p.Fortified_Wine
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Also 4x33cl packs of Leffe & Hoegaarden @ €4.99 each

The Ales are

4-4-2 (which I thought was pretty bland the last time they had it in.

But they also have 2 new ones

Autum Blaze (Described as Rich Roast)
    Tapping the Admiral (Described as Brandy Sweet rich)

I was in luck today as they have them out already in my local LIDL and eventhough not officially on sale I chanced my arm and they went through the till ;) So got an Autun Blaze and a Tapping the Admiral to try out and if they are decent I'll be back tomorrow to stock up before people realise they are ready to go :D

May as well list them all

Beck's 6x275ml €4.99
    Moretti 4x330ml €5.99
    Sol 6x330ml €6
    Brahma 4x330ml €3.99
    Cobra 4x330ml €5
    Savana Dry Cidre 500ml €1.99
    Singha 330ml €1.25
    Franziskander 500ml €1.49
    Perlenbacher 6x500ml €4.29
    Graffenwalder Keg 5l €12.99

Boxes

Budweiser 20x300ml €15.99
    San Miguel 15x275ml €9.99
    Heineken 20x330ml €19.99

Some cans available too
    Fosters 6x 500ml €8
    Tubourg 6x 500ml €6.99
    Guinness 2 for €3
    Excelsior 4x 500ml 2.59

I think that's about everything covered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

wonder what aldi will have for this october?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Damnit, why don't they do a dry sherry (great for cooking with)?!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Got some Nobelaner just there ( last 30 of them). Never had it before. Anyone have any opinions on it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yes. It tastes like fizzy water. Drink it cold, drink it quick, and get something else next time.

Drinking a London Pride now ...

This is quite enjoyable and puts the Autumn Blaze into context. Autumn Blaze, as I said previously, is not bad and I'll go and get a few more but London Pride is definitely a step up in the flavour stakes. I liked the roasted effect in the Autumn Blaze though.

I had Tapping the Admiral (Described as Brandy Sweet rich) on Saturday but forgot to post on it. This for me did not seem to hang together. In the Shepards Neame way it is a bit light on flavour but the Brandy bit did not work for me ... there seem to be a big dollup of Vanilla and another sweetness which I presume was supposed to be the Brandy bit. I do not think this was seasoned in a brandy cask but just flavoured. For me not one to return to unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Has anyone used the keg of weissbier before? So tempted to get it but does it come out with a lot of head? If so i might just get a crate of cans instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Got a four pack of leffe there this morning, enjoying one now. Nice stuff. I'll probably pick up some Franziskaner before this deal is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

BeerNut wrote: »
    Yes. It tastes like fizzy water. Drink it cold, drink it quick, and get something else next time.

Have you ever tried the Grafenwalder Weiss in LIDL? Don't normally drink beer from a can but I'd be interested to try it.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but from the minikeg. Not great, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

PWEI wrote: »
    Have you ever tried the Grafenwalder Weiss in LIDL? Don't normally drink beer from a can but I'd be interested to try it.

Worth paying the little bit extra for the franziskaner. 1.49 is great price for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

Im gong to head to lidl to get some beer tomorow , Which ones would suggest i try?
    Im going to get the hoe garden as my interest was sparked by a thread in AH.
    I usually like the stronger tasting beers and stay away from lighter stuff like miller and corona.
    Also has anyone ever had the savannah cider on offer? Never thought south africa was renound for cider making

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,262 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

€1.49 is a great price for Franziskaner, I must get myself down to Lidl next week.

Savannah tastes like French Golden Delicious apples and is not dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shalashaska

nullzero wrote: »
    €1.49 is a great price for Franziskaner, I must get myself down to Lidl next week.

That's a great price for a great beer. It's certainly one of the best beer deals from Lidl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

nullzero wrote: »

I'd get yourself down there sooner than that if you want to get some Franziskaner. I went to Lidl on Slaney Road Glasnevin after work and they didn't have a single bottle left. So I made the short trip to Finglas and they only had two cases left. They now only have one case left..:D

Savannah tastes like French Golden Delicious apples and is not dry.

I concur ... I was very dissappointed when I tasted their dry cider :rolleyes: last year
    Sharkey 10 wrote: »

Im going to get the hoe garden as my interest was sparked by a thread in AH.

I usually like the stronger tasting beers and stay away from lighter stuff like miller and corona.

Also has anyone ever had the savannah cider on offer? Never thought south africa was renound for cider making

I would not consider Hoegaarden a strong tasting beer or even Franziskander for that matter but they are different from the norm you get down the pub.

Im getting the one of each of the ales , looked them up online . It said that the admiral ale is regarded as on of the best bottled ales in the world but bottle presentation is different. Is it just different in America or are they different ales with the same name?

Bought one of each of the Shepherd Neame ales.
    Not tried the Admiral yet but I didn't even bother drinking the Autumn Blaze after tasting it (kept for cooking or slug bait).
    It was the most ordinary tasting beer and very "beery" (in a bad way), if that makes sense?

Don't hold out much hope for the Admiral:(

• Advertisement

I thought the Autumn Blaze was the best of them, in a not-very-good sort of way. Some nice roasted flavours in there. 4-4-2 is very lagery -- like Beck's or Carlsberg. Tapping the Admiral is one of the worst beers I've ever tasted: pungently lightstruck and hideously sweet, like really cheap chocolate.

Was the offer just for this week or is it still going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Bought one of each of the Shepherd Neame ales.
    Not tried the Admiral yet but I didn't even bother drinking the Autumn Blaze after tasting it (kept for cooking or slug bait).
    It was the most ordinary tasting beer and very "beery" (in a bad way), if that makes sense?

Don't hold out much hope for the Admiral:(

I tried all three.
    None of them are a patch on Bishops Finger, Spitfire or master brew.

Makes sense really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Didn't get to a lidl this week, from the majority of posts here I haven't missed anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

PWEI wrote: »
    I'd get yourself down there sooner than that if you want to get some Franziskaner. I went to Lidl on Slaney Road Glasnevin after work and they didn't have a single bottle left. So I made the short trip to Finglas and they only had two cases left. They now only have one case left..:D

Plenty left in Tyrellstown on Tues night.

FWIW I think Lidl have it for about €1.79 normally (along with Staropramen and some other stuff), so there's no real rush.

Advertisement