Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on ~€400 Graphics Card

Options
  • 02-10-2010 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new graphics card. PCI Express 2.0 x16 for around the €400 price mark.

I haven't been keeping an eye on what's the latest and greatest graphics cards over the last year or so.. So I was wondering if anyone would know the best options?

I have an ATX (ASUS P5E3 Deluxe Wifi ap-n) motherboard, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Q6600 clocked at 3.33Ghz, 2x Raptors in RAID0. The motherboard supports Crossfire i.e. ATI cards best.

I was looking at the HD4970 and the HD5870 but just can't decide/know which one is best..

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

hold on to whatever you have right now because the ati hd 6 series is coming out in a month or two (the 6870 will probably be out in December) and thats the card you will be looking at

Advertisement