Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

construction work in london

Options
  • 02-10-2010 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

is there much construction work in london, Im thinking of moving there in the next few months, i have friends there but none of them work in construction so they dont know how the industry is fairing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Dont work in the industry so cant say for sure .. but there is always building going on in London. House prices never really dipped that much and are practically back to pre financial crisis levels. Would say there is a much better chance of getting work here than in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Go to london my man......you will get work there,there has always been work in london,you wont get ritch but you will get work. have you any site tickets? ie cscs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 baderheinhof

no but i have the safe pass so i think i can apply for the cscs card without doin the health and safety test

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

Friend of mine got work around London bridge this summer, from what I gathered from him, there is a good bit of construction work around. I wasn't jealous of his hours though.... 7am to 7pm six days a week.. seven for some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

no but i have the safe pass so i think i can apply for the cscs card without doin the health and safety test
    See those Irish tickets you have.......... forget about them.leave them in a drawer if you head over there,no one will accept them.you can do a day course over there,similar to a safepass except you do it on a touchscreen,you will need that to Go onsite.

• Advertisement
Advertisement