Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water in Ballina

Options
  • 02-10-2010 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Is anyone elses water gone today? Since first thing this morning may I add..........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

piptypibe wrote: »
    Is anyone elses water gone today? Since first thing this morning may I add..........

Should be back anything now at 5pm.. Pipe burst apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

yeah...its back now.....a burst pipe in Ardnaree/Bunree area.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

The town is in a mess what with new traffic layout and now burst pipes :D

Atleast we got the water back the same day, It could have been worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

Ballina was always a bit of a disaster, (No offence).
    The Moy is too wide coming into it - they should have built the town a bit further downstream; but the first settlers were a bit greedy for the salmon. The town was originally called Belleek (Beal Athà an Fheàda) - but the Brits changed it because they thought it sounded a bit dismal (bleak like).

• Advertisement

Ballina was always a bit of a disaster, (No offence).
    The Moy is too wide coming into it - they should have built the town a bit further downstream; but the first settlers were a bit greedy for the salmon. The town was originally called Belleek (Beal Athà an Fheàda) - but the Brits changed it because they thought it sounded a bit dismal (bleak like).

Interesting to know the name!.

As for Ballina being a disaster.. Well I am not from here, but it has come on a lot since I moved here 10 years ago. Its a pity the people don't take pride in the down.. It "could" rival westport if people believed in it. Beleek woods/ Quay Village are stunning

Advertisement