Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny on Google Maps

Options
  • 02-10-2010 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Now, all of Kilkenny can be seen by the rest of the world. And indeed, so can the fabled characters of Kilkenny.

Lovely, places like upper John Street, where we can see Hackett's Bookmakers and men walking white dogs, here.

Or Ossory Park, where kids play football watched by charming gents in wheelchairs. Here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Lovely view of the parade on it....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Threadhead wrote: »
    Now, all of Kilkenny can be seen by the rest of the world. And indeed, so can the fabled characters of Kilkenny.

All the wonderful Kilkenny characters. Sure they spend all their time on the streets so I'm sure they must have been captured in other locations too. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

30523095.jpg

Mod's please dont delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

^Deals on Wheels.
    All the wonderful Kilkenny characters. Sure they spend all their time on the streets so I'm sure they must have been captured in other locations too. :rolleyes:
    Man walking white dog is on every roundabout on the ring road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Man walking white dog is on every roundabout on the ring road.

You're teasing me! I just checked. :(

• Advertisement

No way, really?

In fairness, statistically it's not actually that unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I found these because a friend of mine put up a post on Facebook saying that he'd give 20 euro to the first person who could find Tootsie on Google Street Maps, like a terrifying Where's Wally. Amazingly, someone found him.

It's just too funny.

A mate of mine used to work in a shop and on Wednesdays the staff had informal competitions to be the first to find Tootsie in the court section of the Kilkenny People.

Advertisement