Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd party phone insurance.

Options
  • 02-10-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I've always insured my phone through my network, but am thinking about getting a sim-free phone this time round.

If i took out a separate insurance policy regardless of my network, what would happen if i had to make a claim?

Would they send me a cheque for the full value of the phone?

Would they 'estimate' a value based on the phone being used?

Or would they do a straight replacement with that model, or what they deem to be nearest equivalent if the original phone is no longer available?

Very noobish quesitons, i know, but thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

it all depends on the insurance company you go with. if they're dedicated to mobile phone insurance then they will probably give you a replacement (or similiar model if original unavailable) phone. if they're not dedicated to phones or don't have a specific phone section (if you put it on your house insurance for example) they'll probably pay you the current sim free price at the time you lose it.

it all depends on the company though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ouch

Thanks for that.

Anyone else?

Advertisement