Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wizard of OZ?Help to return!!!!

Options
  • 02-10-2010 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

JonnyCash10;68303354]Hey guys,there seems to be some knowledgable posters here and im at my wits end as to how to get back into australia on a permanent basis.Any help here would be hugely appreciated.

Six years ago i got my working holiday visa and spent 9 months in Australia,I really enjoyed it there and feel like its a second home,now i long to return on a permanent basis.I did not work in agriculture or in rural areas that would enable me to apply for a second working holiday visa however.I would be willing to look at any measures to return.Here are the facts

1-I cannot get another working holiday visa (no rural work)

2-I have looked into migrating through the wanted skills list and have alot of experience in a trade that is listed on the wanted skills list but i dont have qualifications (papers) in said trade,I would have to complete a trade assesment test in london or Oz which holds no guarantees and is quite expensive

So far i cant see a way back but have come up with some hairbrained ideas!!has anyone ever tried these or other ways of returning?

1-Go there on a normal holiday visa and somehow get sponsorship while working for cash to get by for a while

2-Go there on normal holiday visa and marry an ozzy!!

3-Get a new Passport and Apply for working holiday visa and hope that they dont check their records from 6 yrs ago!!on this do they keep records of passport numbers or names?

I realise this is a bit long winded but really guys i gotta get the hell outa here and down there before i go Mental,Help please and thanks :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭notonlybutalso

apply for your new passport in your irish name and hope for the best. I think they check with irish consulate so you have a better chance this way. Have you approched the aus embassy here and inquired there?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

apply for your new passport in your irish name and hope for the best.

Dont do this they will find out.
    Im from Northern Ireland and know a bloke who came to OZ on his British Passport for a 12mth WHV. When he went home he applied for an Irish Passport so he could try it again. He got as far as Immigration in Sydney and they sent him home. Hes also been banned from the country for 5 years.

What trade do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

MOD Note Keep it legal lads

Two users infracted for suggesting/advocating illegal ways to get Visas which is against charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Yep thats it.
    Same situation different bloke.:)

I dont see why people try to lie to get into Australia its so stupid.
    When i came on my WHV i loved it and when i went home it cracked me up.
    But 5 years later with the right paperwork done im back out here and things are all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Good to hear Martin, have to agree plenty of people think its funny to lie about this stuff to the Authorities but it will definitely catch up with them at some stage. Its no laughing matter looking over your shoulder 24/7 and wondering if you next night is going to be in Villawood.

Its easy to say sure it does no one any harm, but is people like us who done the right thing is paying for it.

Johnny heres the thing

you appear to be looking for guarantees and cheap ways to oz. Im sad to tell you that the marrying an Ozzie one is the only one that is cheap.

So here are your legal options.

1: Search for some Ozzie in the bars and clubs of Ireland and Marry them. Not a quck route and not cheap if they have any respect for themselves.

2: Get your skills assessed on a TRA , sure its expensive but in the end a successful result is a good way to PR.

3: Try and get a sponsored job from Ireland hard but do-able.

In the end its a hard long road ... if you dont know where to start just start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 JonnyCash10

Thanks for the advice Zambia,IF YOU DONT KNOW WHERE TO START JUST START.Having assesed all my options this is the only feasable option,id be down there now if i had the money to tide me over while searching for sponsorship on a 3 month WHV but as it stands its impossible to save while on the dole :(.Started sending cvs to OZ tonight,fingers crossed theyl pick up on my strong work history and experience.

After this budget and IMF bailout i just got to get out of here.I refuse to pay for the greed and underhanded dealings of dodgy politicians,greasy contractors and corrupt bankers.This guy tells it like it is i reccomend watching this as its quite amusing,contains strong language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu3IT1kGavE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Marryin an Australian Would be the Absolute Worst of those options :eek:

Remember that you have to co habitate with her for at least two years maybe more. if you had met the love of your life over there last time then maybe try to cajole her into comin over and marryin ya, but pickin up som Ausie chick in a Bar, Jaysus, heres a spatula, just be careful you dont punch a hole in the barrel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Im sad to tell you that the marrying an Ozzie one is the only one that is cheap.
    I wouldn't say it's cheap! Not that I've gone down that road yet.:D

• Advertisement

ballooba wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's cheap! Not that I've gone down that road yet.:D
    Depends on the Sheila ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Travel to Indonesia and get one of them Indonesian boat people smugglers to bring you across to Oz.

You'll get free accomodation, food, medical and go to the front of the immigration queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Johnny heres the thing

you appear to be looking for guarantees and cheap ways to oz. Im sad to tell you that the marrying an Ozzie one is the only one that is cheap.

So here are your legal options.

1: Search for some Ozzie in the bars and clubs of Ireland and Marry them. Not a quck route and not cheap if they have any respect for themselves.

2: Get your skills assessed on a TRA , sure its expensive but in the end a successful result is a good way to PR.

3: Try and get a sponsored job from Ireland hard but do-able.

In the end its a hard long road ... if you dont know where to start just start.

Let me tell you Zambia marrying an Ozzie isn't a cheap or quick way of getting back into the country . I should know i'm in the middle of applying for my visa . Still crap load of paperwork n money and i'm married 4 years now with a 3 yr old .

But agree with all your other points .

Plus that old thing of change your name to irish version on your passpot is a myth . Trust me Aussie boarder control have seen it all .

Alway do it legal n do it right or when and i mean WHEN they catch you . You'll be black listed and excluded for years .

Advertisement