Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lack of privacy causing panic anxiety

Options
  • 02-10-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have to post this from a friend s pc as mine is hit by virus so if anyone answers and i do not get back straight away that is why

I am troubled by dogs and cats messing on my lawn and interfering with plants but it is more serious than that. it represents to me an invasion of my space and that give me panic attack. i have history of very serious anxiety/depression and been on meds but stopped as do not want to be on drugs.

the incidents with the animals is giving me panic because it brings up memories of when i lived in a place where people came in and abused my rights to privacy and when i could not leave due to phobia. it gives me panic as it makes me powerless as i was back then and nearly committed suicde with the panic which hit me like a physical force similar to if someone stood in front of you and slammed their outstretched palm into yourchest

i would prefer to live in the country where there are no neighbours/noise/people but cannot afford this.the house and estate is very nice except for above and neighbours who sit on fence a couple meters from my front door. i do not have anything against them but need lots of space and freedom from being 'invaded'. I would not have animals causing nuisance to others and would not sit on the fence in their faces

.that someone can do that causes me serious anxiety

Advertisement